Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: How do you eat butter? page 18

dc10 is offline Member
    Love the taste of grass-fed butter, the way butter supposed to be. I cook with it, put it in hot drinks, put it on snacks, avocado, dark chocolate. Awesome stuff

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'll occasionally slice off a bit to eat when i cook with it, it's good. i'll also cut some off for my dogs.

they like it and i like them
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    For me, eggs and mushrooms must be cooked in butter. For almost everything else, other fats are fine.

I love a half tablespoon of butter blended into a mug of espresso. Also on almost anything beef. A grass fed burger with some farm butter on it needs little else.

My mom told me that when I was a baby, I used to like to eat from the stick of butter. Now, I limit butter to a pound a month (works out to about a tablespoon a day), but it always lasts longer than that.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    I love to dip homemade beef jerky in it. That's why I can't make jerky often. Too much butter.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    For me, eggs and mushrooms must be cooked in butter. For almost everything else, other fats are fine.

I love a half tablespoon of butter blended into a mug of espresso. Also on almost anything beef. A grass fed burger with some farm butter on it needs little else.

My mom told me that when I was a baby, I used to like to eat from the stick of butter. Now, I limit butter to a pound a month (works out to about a tablespoon a day), but it always lasts longer than that.
    My brother used to eat butter rolled in salt and sugar. He's 6'1", weighs probably twenty pounds less than me, and has muscle tone. Lol talk about violating every dietary law EVAR.

I do prefer to eat my butter with food (though maybe I should start making butter popsicles...). I like it on leaner meats, and fish, butter, and dill is like the ménage à trois of Asgard. It's a must for scrambled eggs and great with almost any vegetable.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    (though maybe I should start making butter popsicles...)
    OMG that sounds awesome! The fact that it would also freak other people out would just be a bonus.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

miata is offline Senior Member
    I usually clarify butter that I eat at home for bulletproof coffee, veggies, sweet potatoes, cooking salmon, eggs, etc.

Recently when we were eating dinner out as a family I got the urge to eat a few pats of butter while the others were spreading on their bread. Not a bad appetizer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    i too eat butter straight from the fridge occasionally...

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    I had some butter over some grilled artichoke hearts (garlic, lemon). It was sooo good.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    I had some butter over some grilled artichoke hearts (garlic, lemon). It was sooo good.
    Take leaves and hearts of an artichoke after they've been steamed, peppered, and salted, dip them in some warm, grass-fed clarified butter you've made from Kerrygold or similar.

Bliss.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast