Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: How do you eat butter? page 17

Dave H is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    When I was a little tike I used to scrape popped corn kernals across the top of a stick of butter like it was dip. Ouch! I think my heart hurts.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Today I added a generous teaspoon of butter to my chai tea. It was so nice, I just about swooned!
    My sister almost retched when I told her.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    How do you eat your bacon fat? Does anyone eat it with a spoon? Stir it into coffee?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Back when I was eating vlc, I used to dip almonds in butter. It's pretty good actually. Too bad it usually led me to bingeing.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    When I was a little tike I used to scrape popped corn kernals across the top of a stick of butter like it was dip. Ouch! I think my heart hurts.
    When my sister was little, she scraped her fingers across the butter dish to eat it straight, but she was caught and Mum made her put it back. I was disgusted and would not eat that butter, or any other butter for years afterwards. I actually grew to dislike it and have only just retrained myself to like the taste.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Normal butter by itself? Not for me. Clarified butter? I will drink that shit and eat it straight from the jar.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    When I was a little tike I used to scrape popped corn kernals across the top of a stick of butter like it was dip.
    There's a famous story in our family; mom came into the kitchen and caught my baby brother eating a whole stick of butter out of the fridge. Fat smeared all over his face...a real mess.

He instinctually knew what's up.
    Last edited by KimchiNinja; 03-27-2013 at 06:26 PM.

At the risk of bumping up an old thread which appeared to get a bit contentious, I was wondering how many people here find themselves chomping on a pat of butter when they get the munchies? I've been doing it now and then lately and was wondering if it was, like, OK.

And no, I would not make a meal of it, it's just an occasional snack, so it's not like my all-butter diet is depriving me of other nutrients . And to answer a question that was posed earlier in the thread last year, yes, in the past I have been known to eat plain honey or maple syrup. And it is yummy. But I guess that's off my diet nowadays, so instead I might occasionally do the plain butter thing.

BTW here is my butter. Don't think it's pasture-raised or grass-fed cows, but I'm not really sure (website doesn't say), but it's a local company that grows and sells stuff only in the Northwest.
    Darigold Butter

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Butter's great and all but...

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast