Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you eat butter? page 12

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Is anyone actually talking about eating whole or even half sticks of butter other than the carbophilic butterphobes?

Let's tone down the hyperbole a bit.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    OMG! I just realized that between my coffee and my eggs, I consumed an entire tablespoon of butter today! I'm doomed. And to think I could have eaten a half a cup of white rice instead. Or six and a quarter teaspoons of white sugar. Where will the debauchery end?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

I'm surrounded by people that don't grasp that simple message. I'm surrounded by people that blend half a stick of butter in their coffee and eat it by the slice and wonder why they can't seem to lose weight. And these same people would be horrified at someone putting one single 16 calorie packet of white sugar in my coffee.
    Exactly!

Enjoy your posts CT!

Glenview is offline Member
    Wow, I opened is thread to see what creative uses there were for butter! Ha! So I don't think I should forego a tablespoon of butter in my coffee when others are using it for frying their meat and veggies. I like it blended well and emulsified into my coffee a la bulletproof, and I don't think it has to have a point other than I like the flavor and it is a good energy source for me. I can't do milk, not even raw (wish I could) or cheese, and molasses would destroy me for a week. So for lasting energy, low cravings, and satiety, I like my butter:
    1. Floated on top of my fresh gelatin rich chicken soup or beef consommé.
    2. Blended into my coffee (or tea) sometimes along with heavy cream.
    3. Melted on top of broccoli, or squash, or whatever veggies I dig up.
    4. Tiny frozen chunks stirred into my eggs before scrambling to make them come out delicious.
    5. Tossed into the skillet to finish off a steak or to deglaze the pan along with a little wine.
    6. Spread on my pumpkin gingerbread no carb bread after toasting it in a skillet.

Ok. I have to go cook something now. With butter. Ta ta.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes Choco, we've heard it before, many times, and it is always the place you run to when somebody calls you out on fallacies in your logical reasoning and your mis-use of terminology. As if anyone here were really advocating NOT eating real nutrient dense foods.
    This thread is about eating butter. Butter is not a nutrient-dense, real food. It is a processed fat with little nutrition per calorie. So clearly we are NOT talking about eating real, nutrient dense foods, here are we?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Paleobird Guest
    This thread is about eating butter. Butter is not a nutrient-dense, real food. It is a processed fat with little nutrition per calorie. So clearly we are NOT talking about eating real, nutrient dense foods, here are we?
    Just as you love to point out that there is nothing wrong with eating carbs as a part of a Primal diet as long as you are not overdoing the total calories for the day, I would like to point out the opposite. There is nothing wrong with eating some butter as a part of a healthy Primal diet. Nobody is talking about getting a significant part of their daily calories from butter.

This is what J Stanton said better than i could about the high starch paleo advocates:There Is Another Level Above “I’m Doing Fine” - GNOLLS.ORG

"Frankly, I find the religious fervor somewhat disturbing—and I can’t resist the observation that (with the exception of Paul Jaminet, whose sense of humor still slays me every time) the most vocal proponents of high starch intake tend to be somewhat…starchy. Lighten up! There’s no Low Carb Mafia enforcer waiting to assassinate you, and the Low Carb Boogeyman isn’t going to pop out from under your bed and force-feed you with butter until the Ketostix turn purple."

So, waddya say, Joanie, Catherine, Sandra, and Noodletoy, each of you grab a limb and I'll shove the butter in Choco's face. Anybody taking bets on how soon the ketosticks will turn purple?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 03-22-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Yes, my statement stands. Butter is on a similar nutritional plane as honey, maple syrup and molasses. If you're not okay with eating them as a food, then you cannot logically agree with eating butter as a food. Consuming butter and oils by the spoonful is no different than eating whole sugars like sucanat, honey, molasses, maple syrup, coconut sugar, etc.
    So if you melt YOUR tablespoon of organic, grass fed butter on some veggies, that's good.

But if I nibble on MY tablespoon of organic, grass fed butter off a spoon and eat my veggies plain, thats bad.

And if you stir YOUR teaspoon of raw honey into your tea, that's good.

But if I eat my teaspoon of raw honey straight off the spoon and drink my tea unsweetened, that's bad.

My hubby rolls his eyes when I eat plain butter. "That's gross", he says. And yet he has no problem spreading 3x as much "gross" on his toast. I guess hubby share's taco's logic.

Some people call celery food. I cannot logically agree. I call it dirt flavored twigs. Then again, I haven't tried it with butter.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    So if you melt YOUR tablespoon of organic, grass fed butter on some veggies, that's good.

But if I nibble on MY tablespoon of organic, grass fed butter off a spoon and eat my veggies plain, thats bad.

And if you stir YOUR teaspoon of raw honey into your tea, that's good.

But if I eat my teaspoon of raw honey straight off the spoon and drink my tea unsweetened, that's bad.

My hubby rolls his eyes when I eat plain butter. "That's gross", he says. And yet he has no problem spreading 3x as much "gross" on his toast. I guess hubby share's taco's logic.

Some people call celery food. I cannot logically agree. I call it dirt flavored twigs. Then again, I haven't tried it with butter.
    Personally, I don't do any of that, but +1 for pointing out the flaw in logic.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Some people call celery food. I cannot logically agree. I call it dirt flavored twigs.
    Flavored? You give celery more credit than it deserves!

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Why would you eat butter when you can eat chocolate. It tastes much better and is healthier for you as well.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast