Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you eat butter? page 10

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    To all the butter-haters, I actually think butter is nutrient-dense, Western sciense just isn't smart enough to quantify it.

---------------------------------------------
    Here is some discussion on nutrients:

"Actually butter contains many nutrients that protect us from heart disease. First among these is vitamin A which is needed for the health of the thyroid and adrenal glands, both of which play a role in maintaining the proper functioning of the heart and cardiovascular system. Abnormalities of the heart and larger blood vessels occur in babies born to vitamin A deficient mothers. Butter is America's best and most easily absorbed source of vitamin A.

Butter contains lecithin, a substance that assists in the proper assimilation and metabolism of cholesterol and other fat constituents.

Butter also contains a number of anti-oxidants that protect against the kind of free radical damage that weakens the arteries. Vitamin A and vitamin E found in butter both play a strong anti-oxidant role. Butter is a very rich source of selenium, a vital anti-oxidant--containing more per gram than herring or wheat germ.

Butter is also a good dietary source cholesterol. What?? Cholesterol an anti-oxidant?? Yes indeed, cholesterol is a potent anti-oxidant that is flooded into the blood when we take in too many harmful free-radicals--usually from damaged and rancid fats in margarine and highly processed vegetable oils. A Medical Research Council survey showed that men eating butter ran half the risk of developing heart disease as those using margarine." Why Butter Is Better - Weston A Price Foundation

---------------------------------------------
    - I want to change my screen name to "IHeartButter".

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    ^ See, that's the kind of all-encompassing untrue crap I'm talking about. If I have a cow, and I chain her up and feed her candy, her butter isn't going to have any positive nutritional qualities. Painting a wide brush like that leads people to buy supermarket-brand butter and think "oh gee it's so cheap and so vitamin rich!" when it's actually disgusting, from cows strapped to milking machines til they're scarred by them, cows never allowed a proper diet, never allowed room to move, babies taken from them as soon as they're born, cows given growth hormone shots so humans can have all the butter (and cancer) they want...

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    you shouldn't feed your cow candy

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    ^ See, that's the kind of all-encompassing untrue crap I'm talking about. If I have a cow, and I chain her up and feed her candy, her butter isn't going to have any positive nutritional qualities. Painting a wide brush like that leads people to buy supermarket-brand butter and think "oh gee it's so cheap and so vitamin rich!" when it's actually disgusting, from cows strapped to milking machines til they're scarred by them, cows never allowed a proper diet, never allowed room to move, babies taken from them as soon as they're born, cows given growth hormone shots so humans can have all the butter (and cancer) they want...
    Pssst... we are on a primal forum. Do we really have to spell out the "well sourced" disclaimer before every single post?

And yeah, stop feeding cows candy sicko!

Quote Originally Posted by UTfootball747 View Post
    you shouldn't feed your cow candy
    Tell that to like, every factory scale dairy operation in America. Tell them they shouldn't feed cows ground up cow either, while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Pssst... we are on a primal forum. Do we really have to spell out the "well sourced" disclaimer before every single post?
    Yeah... people read these forums who are new to primal, might not know that all butter is not created equal, I can't let a blatantly misleading post like that go unqualified (not that Kimchi was trying to be misleading, but maybe the WAP foundation was)

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    Tell that to like, every factory scale dairy operation in America. Tell them they shouldn't feed cows ground up cow either, while you're at it.
    ...to be fair, there is no standard that you would find sufficient for partaking of the cow or derivatives from it, right...

Quote Originally Posted by UTfootball747 View Post
    ...to be fair, there is no standard that you would find sufficient for partaking of the cow or derivatives from it, right...
    I would not eat dairy products, no. Humans aren't designed to. Human milk is 60:40 whey to casein, cow's milk is 20:80 and designed to make calves grow exponentially

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Warning: The following message is brought to you by 2ndChance. This is not the view of the Primal community at large. We can neither substantiate nor refute his opinion. Opinion is just that.

I would not eat dairy products, no. Humans aren't designed to. Human milk is 60:40 whey to casein, cow's milk is 20:80 and designed to make calves grow exponentially
    There ya go.... so we don't needlessly deceive or confuse those new peoples you were worried about

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Warning: The following message is brought to you by 2ndChance. This is not the view of the Primal community at large. We can neither substantiate nor refute his opinion with actual facts.

There ya go.... so we don't needlessly deceive or confuse those new peoples you were worried about
    Sigh. All of that post was fact. "Humans weren't designed to" was perhaps my conclusion based on the evidence, but you can't call facts "my opinion."

Those new people should stay far away from the dairy you find at the store, perhaps if they know a farmer with a well-fed, nicely-treated cow their digestive systems will overcome the innate limitations re: digesting casein...
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 03-22-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast