Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I eat something? page

Traveller is offline Senior Member

Should I eat something?

Hi everyone,

I haven't eaten in 36 hours, and I feel fine. Good, even. I'm not hungry at all, no dizziness etc.

But should I stop fasting and eat something? I don't want to, because I feel so light and...unencumbered.
    But didn't Mark say something about fasting to much/often can cause vitamin and mineral deficiency? I did have a zinc pill. And I've been drinking plenty of water.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Traveller.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Why are you fasting?

RuthGV is offline Junior Member
    I'm not an expert on fasting so I can only offer what I feel would be good advice....

It's time to eat something! For me 36 hours is a long time... I think! Btw start gently!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    When were you planning on stopping the fast? Did you have a timeframe in mind, or is there some signal from your body you are waiting for?

How will taking a zinc pill cover you for any of your body's other needs?

Drinking lots of water can flush away the body's salt and cause an electrolyte imbalance if you are not consuming any.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    You could safely go much longer than that without any real problems. Eat if you get hungry, or tomorrow, whichever comes first.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    You could safely go much longer than that without any real problems. Eat if you get hungry, or tomorrow, whichever comes first.
    Agreed, unless this is a person who has a history of disordered eating. Hence my question to the OP about why he/she's fasting.

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Keep going and document it. Just in case you will be the world's first successful breatharian.

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Fasting even for longer periods of time (up to 72 hours) was proven not to negatively influence body composition in case you are doing the right thing in your diet.

Here is a detailed piece that I wrote about intermittent fasting (also look at the studies) but take care of your protein intake if you want to preserve your muscle mass: Is Intermittent Fasting The Best Diet Plan For Weight Loss?
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Chanda is offline Member
    I read about PrimalDog doing this somewhere, and I think he took a multivitamin every day to keep from losing minerals. He also said he did it for about a week, and felt great. And lost 21 lbs during that time.

Editing to post his comment from the "Those weird little bonuses" thread:

"5) Complete lack of an appetite. I'm not talking about for just hours or even a day. I decided (back on August 8) to see how long it would last. So all I did was drink water and take an occasional vitamin pill. I ended the experiment after 168 hours (7 days). I had lost 21 pounds. I still had no appetite. The really alarming thing was that the longer it went on the easier it became. I'm not certain about the goings on of this, but I did keep very accurate records of it. "

I think if you want to continue to do it, go ahead! Just keep an eye on how you're feeling.
    Last edited by Chanda; 03-21-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks guys for all your replies!

I'm fasting because I want to lose...not weight, because I'm already at a healthy weight, but mass. Fat mass. I don't have a history of any eating disorders.
    As for a time frame, I originally thought I'd just try 12 hours. When that was up, though, I felt great and capable of going for longer. So I decided to try for 24 hours. Stillfelt great. So I just kept going.

Thanks Marinas for the article, it answered a lot of questions I had.

The reason why I'm thinking about eating something, is because I only went strictly primal 3 days ago. 3 days of primal eating, then straight into a 36 hour fast. Is that wise?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast