Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treating a Peptic or Gastric Ulcer page 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The two pages from NamelessWonder are good.
    Especially the second one which discusses your situation exactly. I'd sure recommend that solution rather than the PPI.

Only the Administrator can move the page. No problem, I was just in a bitchy mood I guess.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-21-2013 at 06:50 PM.

thehowlmoon is offline Junior Member
    So I decided to try the DGL instead of the Prevacid.

I can honestly say about twenty minutes after my first dose I felt markedly better. Still feeling much better today. Thank you guys for your recommendation.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I also have a duodenal ulcer. It depends on how bad it is as to how you should treat it really. I have had them on and off for many years, not properly diagnosed. Actually starting paleo is what caused my ulcer to go through the roof... I had started to eat a lot more nuts and fat, the combination gave me a lot of pain. I have tried all the solutions, my naturopath gave me DGL which seemed to even aggravate it. Slippery elm helps calm a little. I have had to go up the ladder on medications to stop the pain and now I am taking Nexium. sometimes you just have to do it for a while to allow the ulcer time to heal without getting irritated with a lot of acid. This is not GERD... and can't be treated as such. I am going to try and change my meds. down the ladder after this next course and see how I do. Watch out for food allergies/intolerences as the can be the start of the irritation. Good luck. I hope that the DGL works well for you. I know it is supposed to be really good to help with healing.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

thehowlmoon is offline Junior Member
    So I got to the point where I was doing well again with the DGL, Cayenne, and Slippery Elm Bark supplements. It took about a week for me to feel "normal" again.

But, as usual, I succumb to peer pressure and start drinking. Needless to say, after last weekend, the pain is back. I started up all the supplements again (although taking it easy on the Cayenne as sometimes it bothers me more than helps) and am going to try the Pepto Bismol every day to try and kill the infection if that is what is causing my symptoms.

Any advice for treating with Pepto Bismol?

Thanks again everyone

catpaws is offline Junior Member
    If you do have an ulcer Pepto Bismol is only going to be a band-aid. Pepto bismol does not kill H. pylori; only antibiotics can do that. I know you don't want to use medications, but that is really the only way to kill the bacteria.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I have been flaring up too even on Nexium. Now taking the chewable DGL, ACV, probiotics, and slippery elm. Also bananas. It really is a pain (literally) isn't it.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12