Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tell me something good about white rice. page 8

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    White rice keeps my boyfriend from getting too thin. When he just eats my food he loses weight, and doesn't need to.
    Yeah, my BF has the same problem. Rice definitely helps him to keep from losing too much.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    When I am sick, or have an icky stomach every now and then, white rice with a bit of butter and salt is all I can tolerate. And if there is a soup or dish that is otherwise primal, but has a little rice in it, I'll will still eat it. I just try not to have too much of it. Same deal with potatoes.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    I have rice maybe 2-3 a week.
    It's tasty and a great vechile for flavours / sauces/ juices.
    Usually make my own sushi rolls & pilaffs .
    I find it easier to eat more rice than potatoes

From London England UK

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    LOL - ironically I started this thread topic because I was obsessed with rice, and now I don't eat it any more! I feel infinitely more vibrant and have a much more regulated appetite now that starch is out of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbean View Post
    This is strange...I found this thread because I googled, "Why do I feel better when I eat white rice?" A week or two ago I wasn't feeling well and cooked up some white rice, which I hadn't eaten in many years, like maybe ten years. I was very surprised by how much better I felt a short while after I ate the rice with some butter and a little salt. It wasn't a sugar rush, either; I know what that feels like and I don't think of that as "feeling better." It wasn't an energy rush followed by a crash. It was just a sense of feeling better. I've never felt that with any carb before.
    How low carb are you? When I was low carb any carb injection felt like the best meal I'd ever eaten.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

maxdriver is offline Junior Member
    Because it's part of the perfect health diet...

The Diet - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet

yogadude is offline Junior Member
    I eat white rice as my main starch. For me it is very easy to digest as expected and does not add bodyfat to my frame or give me insulin-related health problems. I was pre-diabetic but no longer consider myself as I can eat pretty bad for a day or 2 and not get sick. The 3rd day on the other hand I find myself getting the usual symptoms, mainly sleep issues and lack of daytime energy.

Yes, white rice has very little in the way of micronutrients but we are not eating starches to get mircos. Assuming we are following the standard paleo/primal protocols we should be getting more mircos than we could need from vegetbales and animlal based fatty/protein sources. We eat starch to replenish the glucose we use while training. For sedentary people trying to lose weight I recommend no starch but for my clients, who are all active, I recommend the standard from PHD, any form of rice and/or potatoes. People will chose the form they like the best by taste but usually the starches that taste good digest well for them. I personally eat very little potatoes and lean heavily on white rice. By heavily I mean 400-600 calories a day 4-5 days a week. ( I also get about 200 calories or carbs a day from above-ground veges). I usually eat 1-2 days very low carb with possibly no starch and 1 day semi-cheat day. Keep in mind that I am very lean or else I would eat less starch. I also do IF.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678