Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me something good about white rice. page 2

Shop Now
    I consider white rice a splurge food, eat it maybe once a week (sushi, Indian takeout, or homemade risotto). If you're very active, you can probably eat it more often. I tend to hew to the Perfect Health Diet and consider white rice a "safe starch," not something that's nutrient-dense, but not something that's going to irritate or have deleterious effects (unless you eat a ton of it).

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Other than it tastes great
    Darn, that was what I was going to pop in with.

My breakfast lately has consisted of rice and eggs. Rice cooked with the egg whites in a frying pan until the whites are cooked, and fear not, the yolks go on top at the end so they're runny and saturate the entire bowl. Add salt... delicious!

Not afraid of carbs though, so /shrug.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToldUzo View Post
    I love white rice too.. but after reading that it contains high leves of arsenic (all rice does - some more than others) I try to eat as little as possible of it.
    Rinse the rice a few times before cooking it, you're supposed to do that anyway.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post

My breakfast lately has consisted of rice and eggs. Rice cooked with the egg whites in a frying pan until the whites are cooked, and fear not, the yolks go on top at the end so they're runny and saturate the entire bowl. Add salt... delicious!

Hahaha... I only made it like that once.... when I was high.

I usually make the eggs separately and then pair it with the rice, but it cracked me up to read that people do that when sober. Good for you!

Zach is offline Banned
    Not saying this to be mean but who cares? If rice makes you feel great then thats the only reason you need.

Other answer, you probably feel better eating white rice over potatos or bananas because rice is far easier to digest. Sometimes that makes a big difference.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Hahaha... I only made it like that once.... when I was high.

I usually make the eggs separately and then pair it with the rice, but it cracked me up to read that people do that when sober. Good for you!
    HA - I had it like that this afternoon! Fried egg rice - the winning combination of yolk and starch...mmmm

I used to be a massive pot head, so maybe that explains it
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Not saying this to be mean but who cares? If rice makes you feel great then thats the only reason you need.

Other answer, you probably feel better eating white rice over potatos or bananas because rice is far easier to digest. Sometimes that makes a big difference.
    I care Zach - ME!

Just kidding, I'm curious more than anything. I like to theorise...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

It could be that it hits you faster (whatever IT is, who knows) than something that digests a little slower like potatoes and what not. I personally don't feel much of a difference from white rice or potatoes, outside of how the food itself tastes.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I care Zach - ME!

Just kidding, I'm curious more than anything. I like to theorise...
    Not a thing in white rice, its basically little bits of pure glucose. That right there is probably why you feel good. It digests within minutes where as other starches besides maybe white brrad will take hours to fully digest.

In other words... you're a sugar addict... repent!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast