Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The overweight page 2

TonyE is offline Member

thanks everyone

Shop Now
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I needed that. I just do not want to recommend a way of eating when I myself am no expert. I lost 20lbs, from doing a primal sort of Atkins way of eating. I love the sprinting and lifting heavy things, as that is what I did in High school as a running back in football. All of my family members run marathons and eat low fat, so they think I am weird. The problem is I can not argue as I have only lost 20 and am in no condition to challenge conventional wisdom at this point. I know I am loosing weight and I feel great, but it has been slow, so it is hard to convene others. My brother lost 50lbs in the same time period by following a low fat diet and running everyday long distance. I must say I look better with more muscle, but it seems everyone compliments the people who loose the must weight. I would rather be fat then look like a skeleton. Thanks for the success stories everyone. You guys Grok and motivate me!!!!

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely. I started with 260lbs and am now down to 230lbs, and I would estimate my optimal lean weight at 190lbs (I'm 6 feet tall). So I also was 70lbs (or about 36%) overweight, and it worked very well - and I've only been on the diet for eight weeks. I think that the remaining 40lbs will take me at least another 8-12 weeks, but since this diet is so easy to maintain, I don't see what could go wrong. I also agree with what jermicide said: How could eating vegetables, meat and fruits be a danger to anyone's health? ;-)

Of course you need to consider her medical condition, too ... if she takes any medication (especially for blood pressure or cholesterol) she should be careful. Which could be difficult if her physician adheres to CW ... but then again, the patient has rights. :-)
    Last edited by MikeEnRegalia; 05-04-2010 at 08:13 AM.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I started off at 255 and am now 210, give or take. I am aiming for around 160, so I've a way to go (and am currently stalled: grrr), but I feel tons better than I did at the beginning. I no longer ache every day, inflammation is greatly reduced, strength is up (with a mere 4 minute per day workout), as is stamina (I do a 3.5 mile walk on Saturdays, which would have been unthinkable in 2008). My doc has issues with me as well, but she has no issues with the results. :-)

jadeocean is offline Member
    I have been doing CW dieting forEVER!!!!!!! it did not work for me, and I never knew why until I researched the PB way of life and realized maybe grains were my problem.

I have a lot of weight to lose from yo-yo-ing for many years and this way of eating and living will totally help her drop weight and more importantly fat!!!

I had already lost about 20 lbs the CW way before starting PB and I started PB about April 1st, and have lost 26 lbs. Last month I lost almost 10 inches off my waist,hips,thighs,etc. I still have about 100 lbs to lose I think, depending how I look towards the end, but this lifestyle couldn't get more simple and fun. I forgot how fun it was to "exercise."

Have your wife check out the site and point her in the right direction as far as the success stories go, I don't think anyone can argue with eating veggies,meat and some fruit and in the process shedding un-wanted fat.

Good Luck to you both!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    I have lost a lot of weight as well (see my signature) eating meats, eggs, vegetables (including starchy ones), fruits and nuts. I don't count calories or carbs and my activity level must be low to moderate.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

free3337 is offline Member
    Tell her to go with it for 3-4 weeks. That's reasonable right? She can do that, for you?

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I started eating more primal-like on December 30th, 2009 and since then I've lost 64 pounds, from 387.5 to 323.8 (today), and more than 30". And my bp's dropped from 170/110 to 125/78.

The results speak for themselves.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12