Thread: UK dwellers: what brand of coconut oil do you use? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

UK dwellers: what brand of coconut oil do you use?

Primal Fuel
    Hey again fellow islanders

My five litres of refined coconut oil that I bought in India has just run out so I'm in the market for a new one.

What coconut oil do you guys use? The only ones I've seen so far are marketed as "organic, extra virgin", or "pure". I've read that refined is better, but I can't seem to find any.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    I use the organic, extra virgin oils for eating, and KTC brand refined oil for skin and hair. I get it off eBay for not too much outlay!

yaddle is offline Junior Member
    I use Redwood Organic Coconut Oil for both eating and skincare, and I buy it from amazon.

jmottram is offline Junior Member
    We use ktc coconut oil from the world foods aisle in Tesco.

Mis-behave is offline Member
    Groovy foods coconut oil from sainsbury

blackberrypie is offline Junior Member
    Coconoil is excellent. They are an online company and deliver really quickly. They have an offer on til the 28th if you feel like stocking up. Use it all the time for cooking and bullet-proof tea.

Have just realised this makes me sound like I work for them! Promise I don't, I just find the oil better than the more expensive one I got from Whole Foods.
    "Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
    Doug Firebaugh

"What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself."
    Hecato, Greek philosopher

Take the first step.
    Even if you cannot see the whole staircase,
    Just take the first step.
    ~MLK, Jr

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I use coconoil, we get it from suma wholesale it's their cheapest extra virgin stuff, its great but not quite as tasty for eating straight up as the good oil brand we've had from sainsburys, but about 1/3 the price.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

jmottram is offline Junior Member
    is the ktc brand not good for eating? we cook with it and can't really notice the taste.
    any UK people get their meat from a company called Athleat?

Ilythia is offline Member
    I get ours from coconutty.co.uk (along with our coconut flour). Cheaper than Tesco/Sainsburys and bulk discounts. I prefer the taste too.