Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good Nutrition counters out there? page 2

mabby is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks InSearchOfAbs and amber_maiden, that's exactly what I was looking for! Perfect Now to find out the inevitable truth I'm missing some crucial nutrient or vitaman Thanks!

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    I believe that fitday is the best caloric tracking software out there because you can create your custom meals inside the desktop version. You can check out my review: Fitday Software Review
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member

Cool

I use MyFitnessPal, and it does the job.

However, these tools are ridiculous in that they show you vs US public nutrition policy goals.

Example: my daily/weekly stats are compared vs these goals, (assumes I bike for 30 min):
    * 2400 calories. Okay, nothing wrong with that calculation.
    * 55% carbs / 350g of carbs recommended!!! Woh there, by following this "healthy American diet" you will absolutely get obese or spend all day on the treadmill. And then you will get hurt, and then get obese anyhow.
    * 30% fat. That's on the low end of what all the primitive tribes studied ate. Many people will blindly follow this and end up with fat-soluable deficiencies. Also the saturated fat goal is absurdly low, I get 4x the US recommendation some days.
    * 15% protein. That's a bit on the low side if you ask me.
    * Cholesterol. This one is set at 300mg for me, basically if I eat an egg it says I'm over. [facepalm]
    * 50g sugar!!! The amount of sugar a paleolithic would get would be about 15g from eating some carrots or cucumber. Again, this goal is disgusting. People are taking control of their health and downloading an app...and that app recommends them 50g of sugar!!!?
    * Calcium goal: Not sure if I've ever hit this target, it is a made up goal that assumes you drink a bunch of milk. Paleo foods mostly put you around 30-50% of the US target in my experience.
    * Potassium 3500mg. I have no idea where this goal comes from, never once on paleo have I hit this goal. Isn't that like seven bananas??? WTF.
    * Vit A, C: I regularly get 500-1200% of the US target here eating meat and vegi and a rare sweet potato. Which just shows how screwed up the US targets are.

These targets should be set based on what a human naturally gets eating foods found in nature.

Not some made up "goals" which have no basis in nature and have been proven not to work. It's really a crime against humanity. You know most people just follow these goals mindlessly then wonder why it doesn't work.

Okay my rant here is concluded. Just be aware your numbers will be all over the place vs the goals. Mine are almost all the exact opposite of the US recommendations in every category except total calories and salt intake.

Mark, you should make an iPhone Paleo Nutrition Calculator! I'd pay $5.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    I was able to change the preset goals in MyFitnessPal. It's not easy to find but it let me select my own percentages for fat/protein/carbs once I found it. I haven't tried to adjust any of the other stuff...I'm tracking fat/protein/carbs/calories and potassium and sodium.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12