Thread: Too busy to work out? page

Screamer is offline Member

Cool Too busy to work out?

Primal Fuel
    So i'm a pretty busy girl, and whilst i got off to a good start with my paleo exercise, I ended up over Christmas, getting a bit slack on doing them.

So, I knew I needed something to really get me moving, other than the cycling to work I was already trying to do, which was more leisurely than exercise. I saw someone talking on Facebook about some weightloss/fitness videos they've been doing and asked them about them. Well, the sounded cool so I went out and got them and have been doing them ever since.

The programme i'm doing is called Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels and O.M.G it's awesome. It's 30 minutes of my day, six days a week so perfectly manageable, it's hard work, but it's so much fun. It's also really funny and lighthearted which just makes it feel so much more down to earth! Apparently she did 'the biggest loser USA' show?

Now there's a whole meal plan with it which mostly consists of lean meats so I'm still just sticking to my paleo, but even 3 weeks in my body is toning like crazy so i'd highly recommend it for both men and women. Plus, everyone in the video for the most part are really hot, which helps .

Anyway, thought i'd spread the love, anyone else do Jillian Michaels work outs?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    nope - don't do her work outs - actually I have never heard of her, but will google her tomorrow - but
    I have said this before and I will say it again................ I love your user name !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    anyone else do Jillian Michaels work outs?
    i dont but i know a woman who does. she reckons they are good. i've not seen any but i will look.

Screamer is offline Member
    Aw thanks re my user name

Yeah she's awesome. She's so fit but even falls over at one point doing 'suicides' because she finds them really hard, it just makes her human. I think it's great for me especially as weather in the UK has sucked recently and its' too cold still to get out there and do much. I'm LOVING the workouts truely!

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
    So i'm a pretty busy girl, and whilst i got off to a good start with my paleo exercise, I ended up over Christmas, getting a bit slack on doing them.

So, I knew I needed something to really get me moving, other than the cycling to work I was already trying to do, which was more leisurely than exercise. I saw someone talking on Facebook about some weightloss/fitness videos they've been doing and asked them about them. Well, the sounded cool so I went out and got them and have been doing them ever since.

The programme i'm doing is called Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels and O.M.G it's awesome. It's 30 minutes of my day, six days a week so perfectly manageable, it's hard work, but it's so much fun. It's also really funny and lighthearted which just makes it feel so much more down to earth! Apparently she did 'the biggest loser USA' show?

Now there's a whole meal plan with it which mostly consists of lean meats so I'm still just sticking to my paleo, but even 3 weeks in my body is toning like crazy so i'd highly recommend it for both men and women. Plus, everyone in the video for the most part are really hot, which helps .

Anyway, thought i'd spread the love, anyone else do Jillian Michaels work outs?
    Jillian Michaels is the queen of conventional wisdom and 6 workout days per week is too much.

amerikick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post

I think you should keep on continue exercise because it is the best natural way of keeping fit and flamboyant of the mind.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a Jillian Micheals fan, but I think 30 min workouts are great. That's what I do at my gym, 5-6 days a week. I know some people feel it is too much, but I feel great doing it. Plus, I take time off throughout the year for vacations. If you enjoy the workouts keep it up. Give yourself rest days as/if needed.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

nburgraff is offline Member
    Im not really a fan of Jillian Michaels either, but if you enjoy doing them and they keep you motivated to get a workout then by all means keep doing them! The only thing that tends to happen a lot with the fitness videos is that they can get boring really fast which usually gets people to stop them after a while.
    One idea to prevent the burnout of the videos is to look at the structure of the workouts in the videos and then create your own workout routines by changing up exercises and just using the video as like a "template". Thaat way you can keep switching it and not get bored.

Good luck! thanks for the post!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did a number of her workouts. Some of them are better than the others. Some are balanced, some are not, some have bad form, or horrid commentary. Jillian is very changeable as well. I like it that she is experimenting, but she has strong opinions and some of them are damaging. If you like the workout, do it, then progress to something else....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.