Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinking Water / Storage Inquiry page 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We're currently buying a water filter. There are no springs around here. I wish. And it's against the law to dig a well, anyway the ground water's no good.

I have thought of building a cement tank for rain and flood storage. All the original Spanish had one.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I used to always have to put a little lemon in tap water to keep it from giving me heartburn. (My mom got heartburn from water also.) The Brita Filter has let me drink just plain water again. And there's another brand that claims it's even more filtery than Brita. I think it's PUR. Might be good back-up for when you can't get out to gather water.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Chanda is offline Member
    I use a Brita pitcher. It's cheap, other than having to replace the filter every 3-6 months, depending. And the nasty city tap water tastes drinkable with it.

CxHealth is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the info guys! Good to get some different angles to try.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Good, bad - I dont know but we have an RO system for our drinking/cooking water, and we have well water otherwise. DH was born with one kidney so he likes RO water, and honestly, I have never researched it.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

oxide is offline Senior Member
    If you're that concerned, you can get an whole house filter, an under-the-sink filtration system to filter just the kitchen tap, or you can just use a Brita pitcher. Or just buy bottled water by the 5-gallon.

If you want containers to haul and store water from a well, look on prepper and emergency storage websites like Shelf Reliance or Emergency Essentials. They have tons of products and tips.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Zach is offline Banned
    You best bet would be to travel to the nearest spring. Gallon glass jugs or some carboys used for wine making would work well. After that you should look into a home distiller or RO filter. They can be had for under $400 and IMO they are worth it. I would never drink standard tap water simply because of the amount of flouride, chlorine and endocrine disrupters. Not to mention the heavy metals that might be from the source to your house.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    a whole house, point-of entry system would be a decent idea. or going to a RO system. either option is pricy though
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12