Thread: Podcast:Dr Kate Rheume-Bleue, author of " Vit K2 and the Calcium Paradox" page

aballiett is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Podcast:Dr Kate Rheume-Bleue, author of " Vit K2 and the Calcium Paradox"

Dear Paleo Family -

I imagine everyone knows by now that Dr Price's "Activator X" is Vitamin K2

Chris Masterjohn said this about K2 in his paper "On the Trail of the Elusive X-Factor: A Sixty-Two-Year-Old Mystery Finally Solved," (which you can read here: On the Trail of the Elusive X-Factor: A Sixty-Two-Year-Old Mystery Finally Solved - Weston A Price Foundation)

In 1945, Dr. Weston Price described "a new vitamin-like activator" that played an influential role in the utilization of minerals, protection from tooth decay, growth and development, reproduction, protection against heart disease and the function of the brain.

Using a chemical test, he determined that this compound—which he called Activator X—occurred in the butterfat, organs and fat of animals consuming rapidly growing green grass, and also in certain sea foods such as fish eggs.

Dr. Price died before research by Russian scientists became known in the West. These scientists used the same chemical test to measure a compound similar to vitamin K.

Vitamin K2 is produced by animal tissues, including the mammary glands, from vitamin K1, which occurs in rapidly growing green plants.

A growing body of published research confirms Dr. Price's discoveries, namely that vitamin K2 is important for the utilization of minerals, protects against tooth decay, supports growth and development, is involved in normal reproduction, protects against calcification of the arteries leading to heart disease, and is a major component of the brain.

Vitamin K2 works synergistically with the two other "fat-soluble activators" that Price studied, vitamins A and D. Vitamins A and D signal to the cells to produce certain proteins and vitamin K then activates these proteins.

Vitamin K2 plays a crucial role in the development of the facial bones, and its presence in the diets of nonindustrialized peoples explains the wide facial structure and freedom from dental deformities that Weston Price observed.

END QUOTE

Dr Kate Rheaume-Bleue has written a book about the benefits of Vitamin K2 and about the bad things that can happen if we supplement with Calcium or D3 without enough vitamin D2 and Vitamin A. (The calcium trials that demonstrated that calcium supplements shorten lifespan actually proved that calcium without adequate K2 will shorten your life. Study's where the subjects had adequate K2 actually proved that calcium supplements reduce bone fractures and increase bone density - - without reducing longevity. )

It's important to know that if we are taking large doses of D3 we need to also take large dosess of vitamin k2 or, years down the road, we'll have cardiovascular problems.

I interviewed Dr Kate in February and have just published the interview with Dr Kate at The Biodynamics Now! Investigative Farming and Restorative Nutrition Podcast site at Biodynamics Now! | The International Biodynamic Food and Farming Discussion Group

Please take a listen to it and leave a postive comment at bdnow.org and/or iTunes.

Dr Kate has promised to respond to any questions about K2 left at bdnow.org for her. This is a great opportunity to learn more about Vitamins K2, D3 and A as well as calcium and magnesium.

For me the vitamin k2 story is even more important because it demonstrates how an essential nutrient remained hidden from mainstream researchers until just recently. It also demonstrated how an unknown substance can be a limiting factor in a supposedly scientific study allowing totally erroneous explanations to be made of the studies results. As usual, the value of traditional foods sourced from traditional growing methods are substantiated.

By the way, Japanese traditional breakfast food, natto, currently holds the record for the highest Vitamin k2 content. <I like it!!>

There are a lot of other worthwhile food, farming and wellness interviews at bdnow.org, too.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett

Fresh and Local CSA
    Serving Metro Washington, DC

Biodynamics Now!
    Biodynamics Now! | The International Biodynamic Food and Farming Discussion Group

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    How much K2 is in spam?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Thank you. Enjoyed listening to the podcast.

aballiett is offline Junior Member

Not all that appears to be SPAM is SPAM

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    How much K2 is in spam?
    Dear Neckhammer - Check out the interview before you slam me for sharing with you. if it's SPAM, it's 100% grass finished beef SPAM. It's GOOD FOR YOU, filled to the top with solid important nutritional information PLUS actual listener support from the authority herself.

I admit, though, you had me heading for the k2 charts. (Oh, Dr Kate explains in the interview why the darned k2 charts are so limited ;-)

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by aballiett View Post
    Dear Neckhammer - Check out the interview before you slam me for sharing with you. if it's SPAM, it's 100% grass finished beef SPAM. It's GOOD FOR YOU, filled to the top with solid important nutritional information PLUS actual listener support from the authority herself.

I admit, though, you had me heading for the k2 charts. (Oh, Dr Kate explains in the interview why the darned k2 charts are so limited ;-)
    Well at least your not a bot.... and it seems you can speak English. So thats definitely the top shelf stuff .