Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here not eat any form of sugar anymore? page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

Does anyone here not eat any form of sugar anymore?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm seriously thinking about giving up the beast permanently. No dark chocolate, no nothing. Just meats, fats, veggies, and tubers. As a female with a TOM, how much willpower is this going to take lol? Anyone done it permanently not just Whole30 and the like?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    not sure if you mean ZERO Carb or not but i was close for a while, then i eased up and reintroduced honey into my diet.
    as for zero carb, no way in hell will i do that. i need nuts and onions and

for the record, all vegs are sugar
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Kris C is offline Senior Member
    I think she means no fruit, no refined sugar, no honey or stevia or agave. Not a zero-carb diet, considering veggies and tubers have carbs.

I am trying it now. It's not easy (and I am doing it during my unexpected-very early-TOM!). But I am confident I will lose fat faster and I will stop having cravings quite soon. It's a bit hard for me as the rest of the family does not follow Primal. I didn't care for fruit to begin with so that wasn't my issue. Chocolate is my kryptonite. Anyway, I'm on Day 4 and my mind feels clearer already. Sugar has been what has ruined my Primal attempts so many times over the past 2 years. I am so over it.
    Starting weight: 168 lbs
    Current weight: 168 lbs
    Goal weight: whatever makes me look strong and healthy!

Current goal: No More Muffin Top!!
    a real pushup, a real pull-up, weekly sprints

Visit my journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread76206.htmlKris' Place for Primal Rantings...because everyone else thinks she's nuts

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member
    Well I will probably keep in some fruit just not a lot unless I feel like it's a gateway. I can't eat much fruit anyways as it is due to fructose malabsorption issues.

I did do zero carb for awhile myself, but I'm not talking about that...just no refined sugar, minimal fruit, no sugar substitutes, no honey, etc.

As much as I would love to exclude tubers and white rice...I can't. I have to have either sweet potatoes or white rice for my fertility....weird I know, but it is what it is. I am going to start portioning it out though because it's hard not to overdo the sweet potatoes and rice. And I'm leaning towards cutting the sweet potatoes and sticking with just the rice for IBS issues. Sweet potatoes tend to be too fibrous and constipating.

But anyways, the main issue is I want to give up sugar completely unless it comes as nature intended it to in fruit or starch or veggie.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    I've dropped the sugars, other than the occasion fresh fruit.
    No stevia either (after my first few days on Whole30 I realized that the stevia was the culprit for the majority of the gut issues that I had continued to experience, even after transitioning to full primal/paleo in 2010). After doing the Whole30, it was pretty much a given that I would just stick with it ... right now there's just not anything I want to add back in or can add back due to allergic reactions.
    Going back to even occasional use of stevia or honey would have me back in that space of yuckiness, not to mention accelerating the sweet cravings. I'm loving the fact that the occasional bit of fruit is enough. I will admit, I do miss chewing gum though !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I did it for awhile, gave up everything sugary, even fruits. I've since reintroduced sugar into my diet though, because I'm not low carbing, so it makes no sense to restrict the sugar.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

faithy22 is offline Member
    I rarely eat fruit, never use sweeteners. I was eating a ton of chocolate coconut bark and ended up getting 2 cold sores within 3 weeks. And I haven't had one in *years*. I think it was from the chocolate, so I've dropped that now as well. It's actually really easy. My taste buds have changed dramatically. Things taste sweet that shouldn't. Tea especially (green, rooibos, etc).

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I have difficulty because anything with a sweet taste is a 'trigger' for me, so I eat NO fruit and no sweeteners at all--artificial or real. I've solved the chocolate problem (because I think chocolate is healthy) with totally unsweetened baking cocoa. I make myself a 'brownie' in a mug with cocoa, splash of coffee, cinnamon, and egg whites. It's perhaps an acquired taste, but I love it.

I have a world-class sweet tooth, and I find that total abstinence works best for me.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldensparrow View Post
    Anyone done it permanently?
    Yep, I never touch the stuff.

It pretty easy to do. Eating paleo there are no foods with sugar (in the way you mean, actual sugar sugar). So I'm not sure how I would even get any sugar. Most days I get ~15g (coming from a carrot, cucumber, or trace amounting in other foods).

The average American eats something like 75g of sugar a day. That's just insane! At this point I think the US should actually make it illegal to sell foods containing sugar to people under 18. It's proven nasty stuff.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yep, I never touch the stuff.

It pretty easy to do. Eating paleo there are no foods with sugar (in the way you mean, actual sugar sugar). So I'm not sure how I would even get any sugar. Most days I get ~15g (coming from a carrot, cucumber, or trace amounting in other foods).

The average American eats something like 75g of sugar a day. That's just insane! At this point I think the US should actually make it illegal to sell foods containing sugar to people under 18. It's proven nasty stuff.
    Yeah let's just infringe on free will because of the word of internet nutritionists with an agenda. Absolutely ridiculous.

Proven? Lets see some without a doubt proof then. You have none.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast