Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here not eat any form of sugar anymore? page 3

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    In my daily diet I have no sugars outside of vegetables and lactose. If I have a social event/non primal day, I do the best I can. So, I would say YES, mostly, except for social events.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I'm 150lbs and 6'3 and eat way more sugar than that. Keep being delusional.
    Sometimes you talk like you're a man. Sometimes you talk like you're a woman. I'm convinced you're actually a hermaphrodite.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Sometimes you talk like you're a man. Sometimes you talk like you're a woman. I'm convinced you're actually a hermaphrodite.
    I'm biologically male. How do I talk like a female? Genuinely curious...
    nihil

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Personally I don't find the usual table sugar sweet enough, so I use a mix of Stevia/sucrose instead. But I don't use much of it because I am also a heavy user of Aspartame...

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    OH i totally had you pegged as female
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's because most of Derpamix's profile pics are of females (from what I've noticed.)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    OH i totally had you pegged as female
    It's the avatars... I don't think it's possible to gage people's gender from their writing style. (Except that women arguably use more emoticons than men )
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

That, and you Talk about your perfect fair skin and beautiful black hair. You posted a picture of a girl that matched that description, so... I thought.... then you made other male like comments... so I was forced to think herm-o XD

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldensparrow View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about giving up the beast permanently. No dark chocolate, no nothing. Just meats, fats, veggies, and tubers. As a female with a TOM, how much willpower is this going to take lol? Anyone done it permanently not just Whole30 and the like?
    Quite the opposite happened to me.

I went into this with the belief that sugar was horrible for you. Initially, I thought it was evil, evil stuff. But the more I experimented and researched, the more untrue this became. Sugar is great - in context. Sugar is one of those confounding factors in the SAD and suffers from the same stigma salt does. It is commonplace in nearly every processed food, and high sugar consumption just correlates with a high intake of processed food just like salt does. It's the grain toxins, oxidized polyunsaturated fat, artificial sweeteners, preservatives and complete lack of nutrition inherent to processed foods paired with huge caloric excesses making sugar look bad.

Sugar as part of a Primal diet free of toxic fats, grains, legumes and all the nasty food chemicals and additives can be very healthy, particularly from nutrient-dense sources like raw honey, pure maple syrup, blackstrap molasses, sucanat and coconut sugar. Of course, if you're adding lots of unnecessary calories to your diet, you'll gain weight. Calories in, calories out. If you're displacing real, nutrient-dense food for sugar, that's also a problem since now you're removing nutrients at the expense of calories. Sugar should be enjoyed kind of like salt - it's a food additive when necessary. It shouldn't make up a large portion of calories because it's relatively empty, but it's not unhealthy. Treat it just like oils. It's more a cooking tool than a food group, but if for some reason you need extra quick energy, a tablespoon from the honey pot is no worse than a tablespoon from the coconut oil jar.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    That, and you Talk about your perfect fair skin and beautiful black hair. You posted a picture of a girl that matched that description, so... I thought.... then you made other male like comments... so I was forced to think herm-o XD
    Ha! Actually, saying that - I was on here for quite a few months before I realised that Blood Orchid was a woman. Because she's so dry (and witty) I just presumed she was a bloke. That was the day I realised I'm a chauvinist...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast