Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here not eat any form of sugar anymore? page 2

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The observations in Weston Price's book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" proved beyond a doubt and introducing sugar and flour destroyed health. The USA is a prime example of taking sugar to an extreme and ruining people's health.

Are we seriously going to act like reality doesn't exist? On a paleo forum??

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    WAP proved nothing, it was all speculation
    nihil

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Riiiight.

The topic has now become "The USA is never going to figure it out and die fatties".

Yes, that is true.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Riiiight.

The topic has now become "The USA is never going to figure it out and die fatties".

Yes, that is true.
    I'm 150lbs and 6'3 and eat way more sugar than that. Keep being delusional.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    The observations in Weston Price's book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" proved beyond a doubt and introducing sugar and flour destroyed health. The USA is a prime example of taking sugar to an extreme and ruining people's health.

Are we seriously going to act like reality doesn't exist? On a paleo forum??
    White flour yes. But really, it was more about living on those foods alone and becoming malnourished. Some of the healthiest people weston price and one of his associates studied were grain eaters.

Robert McCarrison on the Hunzas ""My own experience provides an example of a race, unsurpassed in perfection of physique and in freedom from disease in general, whose sole food consists to this day of grains, vegetables, and fruits, with a certain amount of milk and butter, and goat's meat only on feast days. I refer to the people of the State of Hunza, situated in the extreme northernmost point of India. So limited is the land available for cultivation that they can keep little livestock other than goats, which browse on the hills, while the food-supply is so restricted that the people, as a rule, do not keep dogs. They have, in addition to grains wheat, barley, and maize an abundant crop of apricots. These they dry in the sun and use very largely in their food." There were other tribes studied that consumed a lot of sugar from honey and were doing ok.

Omni is offline Senior Member

miata is offline Senior Member
    Just fruits, sweet potatoes and dark chocolate with little or no sugar.

Price and his people's work on the hunza was done in the 30's. I don't know about the link you posted but that seems to be one crazy bible website.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldensparrow View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about giving up the beast permanently. No dark chocolate, no nothing. Just meats, fats, veggies, and tubers. As a female with a TOM, how much willpower is this going to take lol? Anyone done it permanently not just Whole30 and the like?
    Life without 90% Lindt would not be worth living!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I stopped eating dark chocolate and drinking wine recently. I was consuming it daily. A little excess weight may have come off, but not much. Mostly it took away the desire to eat dark chocolate and drink wine daily.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast