Thread: stomach problems on primal page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

Question stomach problems on primal

firat week was okay , this second week im starting to get real gassy not bloat (i actually feel really firm and toned after eating) but gassy what gives one observation was that i uped my fat from 50-60% to 80% could this be the problem and will it gradually subside?

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member
    Have you looked into fructose malabsorption? Once you start eating whole foods, many people binge on high fructose fruits and fodmap veggies. I know I did. Caused a lot of issues. Once I tightened up for awhile, though, then I could occasionally have a piece of high fructose fruit and not feel blah.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    From all your posts on here, you're jumping into this and trying everything too quickly. It's no surprise you're getting stomach upsets. Get the hang of your daily meals first and figure out what foods work for you before trying IF and going into ketosis, especially at your age
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    firat week was okay , this second week im starting to get real gassy not bloat (i actually feel really firm and toned after eating) but gassy what gives one observation was that i uped my fat from 50-60% to 80% could this be the problem and will it gradually subside?
    Give us the details of the food you eat at each meal and any others, for a day.

MorganGirl is offline Member
    Why did you up your fat to 80%? After seeing your other posts, Id highly suggest doing Mark's 21 day plan, staying on plan and stop messing with your diet.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Damiana. You have been all over the place during the last week. At 80% fat you might possibly have some malabsorbtion issues especially when transitioning from a totally different macronutrient ratio. Also, we have no idea what you are eating on a daily basis and certain foods have different triggers for each individual. It would be impossible for us to figure that out for you since we are all different. It is up to you to take your time and test foods to see what may or may not be causing problems. I think excessive worry and obsessing over everything won't do you any good in the digestion department either. Remember it is a healthy lifestyle you are looking for, not an overnight quick fix diet and these things take time. I hope you figure things out. Good luck!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    From 50% to 80% fats is too big a jump for you. Decrease fats to 60% for 3 weeks. Then, if no problems, increase to 70% and hold there. That's high enough.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    It's ok, she had a food addiction, but she's a supreme athelete who is disciplining her body to do as it's told.
    You should know by now atheletes are immune to eating disorders and chronic health problems.

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    It's ok, she had a food addiction, but she's a supreme athelete who is disciplining her body to do as it's told.
    You should know by now atheletes are immune to eating disorders and chronic health problems.
    what does that supposed to mean, its normal to have a food addiction , some people just like food, and never stated im a supreme athlete just said im 15 and third world under 16 champion, and wat does "athletes are immune to eating disorders and chronic health problems" mean anyway?

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is your obsession with having to be in Ketosis and doig 36h fasts twice weekly in an effort to discipline your body?

In all the responses the majority of respondants have suggested that you pull back a bit, relax and ease yourself into the process.

The fact that you conveniently ignore all this advice suggests that you must feel as if you are somehow immune to potential negative impacts of this behaviour.

This is an open discussion and you will get all kinds of responses, some will goad you, some will caution you, some will ridicule you, and these are all in response to your behaviour, which at this point is decidedly in my eyes "Non Primal", Primal is first and foremost about healthy body and mind, once you are in a good place with the changes, then by all means tweak and adjust to your body's unique needs. You seem to be trying to skip over all the adjustment processes and getting to know your body and want to dive straight to the end point, that's not the way it works, that kind of behaviour just turns it into another diet that fails for you, trying to force your body into some type of artificial mental construct of perfection is usually doomed to fail.

Do whatever you think is appropriate, but IMO you are going at it far too fast.