Thread: Organics, etc page

curdog is offline Junior Member

Question Organics, etc

Primal Fuel
    Just finished the Primal Blueprint and was very impressed with the lifestyle. My main challenge is the availability of organic, grass fed and other meats and vegatables. I live in a small resort area and a wide range of groceries are not available. Is the lifestyle ineffective eating more conventional foods for lack of a better term?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    The lifestyle will still be effective. Many of us choose organic/local/pastured/etc simply because of the better quality. I'd suggest a good fish oil supplement though, especially if eating conventional meats.

Dryden is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by curdog View Post
    Just finished the Primal Blueprint and was very impressed with the lifestyle. My main challenge is the availability of organic, grass fed and other meats and vegatables. I live in a small resort area and a wide range of groceries are not available. Is the lifestyle ineffective eating more conventional foods for lack of a better term?
    The organic/grass fed vs. availability/cost questions are raised on this forum multiple times a day. IMHO, the most important line Mark has ever written on the subject of nutrition is "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good."

If you have to buy a commercially grown green bell pepper imported from Mexico over a locally grown option, I say go for it, so long as that means you're not buying the package of cookies anymore. If you have to buy the bag of red delicious apples imported from China over some hand picked organics, at least you're buying and eating more apples today than you were yesterday.

Every incremental change for the better is still a change for the better.

I recommend, in addition to Mark's book, you read The Omnivore's Dilemma and watch The Future of Food. It's a wake up call.