Thread: Hi from Ontario! page

Waterlily is offline Senior Member

Talking Hi from Ontario!

Primal Fuel
    Hi! I'm Waterlily. I'm at day 7 on the Paleo diet and love it! I'm not hungry all the time anymore and no more sugar cravings. The only problem I have is I'm not very energetic on this new lifestyle. And I get watery eyes later in the day. What is going on? Did you experience such things at first? How were your first few weeks?

Thanks!

The Questions:

Your location: Ontario, Canada

How Primal are you: I'm Paleo

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: Anemia for the last 15 years. Used to be Vegan, this is a complete change for me.

Favorite exercise: walking, jogging, rollerblading

Favorite Primal food: steak!

krsn89 is offline Member
    Hey Waterlily, I'm also from Ontario! Toronto, specifically. Always nice to see a fellow Canuck... my favourite food is steak too!

TrackMom is offline Member
    Hi Waterlily,

Another Ontarian here. Just entering week 6. If your energy is off, it might be your electrolytes. If you want to be certain, track your food on fitday or somewhere like that, and look at your levels at the end of the day. Removing processed foods, can really reduce your sodium intake. I now have to supplement sodium every day. I am also supplementing magnesium.

A lot of blueprinters use broth to supplement sodium. I don't like it personally. So I make my own drink.

Any hockey players in your brood?
    Goals:

Lose weight/fat!
    Get fit!
    Regain my health and energy!
    Run a marathon! (again)

Hi TrackMom!

You're right, it might be electrolytes. I also read about iodine. I'm considering taking a supplement. I made chicken stock yesterday. :0) And then I have a cold plus it's my week and I have bad cramps. When both will subside, I will feel better and I will be more able to tell how I'm doing on this new lifestyle.

So you've following the Primal lifestyle for 6 weeks now, congrats! How are you doing? Any health ameliorations since you've gone primal?

Sorry, no hockey players here! My husband used to play, he loves it, but that's it. I like to watch it, but I don't play. How about you?

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Hi, another Ontarian here. Up on the Bruce Peninsula. Welcome aboard. You should feel great soon.

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Hi, another Ontarian here. Up on the Bruce Peninsula. Welcome aboard. You should feel great soon.
    Thanks!
    I'm already feeling better as my cold is better!
    I can't wait to add exercice and lose more weight!

TrackMom is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    So you've following the Primal lifestyle for 6 weeks now, congrats! How are you doing? Any health ameliorations since you've gone primal?
    Hi Waterlily,

I have lots 15 lbs since Feb 13. I have pretty much given up my asthma medication. My last TOM was 28 days, not 25/26 days, had no break-through bleeding, was lighter, and only lasted 5 days not 7. Energy levels are amazing. Head feels significantly clearer, overall feeling of wellbeing is incredible.

This started as an experiment to cover the days of lent, but come Sunday, I am not giving it up.
    Goals:

Lose weight/fat!
    Get fit!
    Regain my health and energy!
    Run a marathon! (again)

PrimalCon New York
    That's great!
    Keep at it and soon you will reach your goals!