Thread: College life and food issues page

Gleming is offline Junior Member

College life and food issues

Shop Now
    If there is already a post covering this issue please redirect me but I was wondering if any of you have had these issues, and what if anything I can do about them. So I live on campus at the University of Washington and on campus rooming requires a food account which is only used on campus, now the food here is for dare I say it (normal)* people, and finding food which matches this/my new eating habits is rather difficult, and this money will not be refunded so I need to find something I can piece together using on campus food supplies, mix the lettuce from the salad bars with meat from the sandwich place with no sandwich etc. Also, does a spinach wrap have grain in it, because it doesn't seem to be all spinach but I might be wrong, and if it does, will the amount make a difference 1 time a day?

oyezoyez is offline Junior Member
    I think your current strategy sounds good. A spinach wrap is still mostly grain. According to the loseit! app on my iPhone, one brand of wraps has 20g of carbs in a wrap--not too bad. Depending on your personal goals, doesn't seem like it would be that bad every once in a while, but the brand they use could have more. I'd stick to your salad strategy for now. Given that you can't choose the meat you eat, I'd also supplement with omega-3s.

Lillian is offline Member
    Do they have soups? On my campus they usually offer 3-4 different types of soups: veggie, broccoli + cheese, chili, clam chowder, etc. You could always get the pasta free soups and add in your own meats. And HB eggs or just eggs in general are good with salads. Or you could get meats and a side of veggies.

gt74 is offline Member
    You're paying the bills presumably. You're the customer. Write to the catering manager with suggestions of what you would like to see.

1. They don't know unless you tell them.
    2. Any decent manager welcomes feedback, as,
    3. They can show they are responsive to their customers.

The worst that can happen is they tell you to take a hike (which being primal is not the insult it might appear to be). You can then decide how to respond.

Gleming is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gt74 View Post
    You're paying the bills presumably. You're the customer. Write to the catering manager with suggestions of what you would like to see.

1. They don't know unless you tell them.
    2. Any decent manager welcomes feedback, as,
    3. They can show they are responsive to their customers.

The worst that can happen is they tell you to take a hike (which being primal is not the insult it might appear to be). You can then decide how to respond.
    Thanks all of you. And nice joke there.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what your campus cafe is like, but ours is pretty good for primal foraging. Survey the area first, and then go back and get the good stuff. Ignore the funny looks as you ask for bits of this and that.