Thread: Any PERUVIANS here? page

Ally415 is offline Senior Member

Any PERUVIANS here?

Shop Now
    soy de Lima

now I'm living in California.

Hay Peruanos por aqui? y si no eres Peruano y hablas espanol esta bien!

Hay que conocernos!

Arriba el Lomo Saltado! jeje
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Pues, soy de Arizona--no de Peru--pero hablo un poquito y aprecio la oportunidad de practicar! A menudo me preocupo que estoy perdiendo la lengua--escribir solo estas frases cortas requiere demasiado mucho trabajo!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm Peruvian, and I've been following your blog!
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Hola Uncephalized.

Es dificil aprender otro idioma! Estoy tomando una clase de espanol (para mas creditos) y estoy viendo que dificil es aprender todas las reglas de oraciones y como usar los verbos. Me parece super bien que almenos sabes un poco de espanol

Como es Arizona? es facil de hacer Paleo por ahi?
    @ VIBRANTE

Hi iniquity! y sabes espanol?

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I'm just starting out so it makes me very happy when someone tells me they've been reading it

Do you visit Peru often?
    @ VIBRANTE

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Claro que si! La ultima vez que estuve en Peru fue en 2010 pero voy este año tambien..
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

waterjen is offline Member
    Not Peruvian. But my brother-in-law is, and he's introduced me to some excellent food over the years...

And then, just a week or two ago, I got this link from America's Test Kitchen (home of Cook's Illustrated, for all you other cooking nerds like me out there): Peruvian Roast Chicken with Garlic and Lime Recipe - America's Test Kitchen

In case the link is not active outside their email to me, or gets killed after a certain period of time, I've also pasted the recipe below. I've not made it yet but it's on my menu for sometime in the next week. Looks flavorful and easy, whether it's traditional or not. But I'll let the OP weigh in on its status as a traditional Peruvian chicken dish...

Peruvian Roast Chicken with Garlic and Lime
    From America's Test Kitchen Season 12: A Latin Celebration

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
    Authentic versions of Peruvian garlic-lime chicken require a wood-fired oven and hard-to-find ingredients. We wanted to replicate this robustly flavored dish using an oven and supermarket stapl...(more)

Serves 4
    This recipe calls for a vertical poultry roaster. If you don’t have one, substitute a 12-ounce can of beer. Open the beer and pour out (or drink) about half of the liquid. Spray the can lightly with nonstick cooking spray and proceed with the recipe. If the top of the chicken is becoming too dark during roasting in step 3, place a 7-inch-square piece of foil over the neck and wingtips. If habanero chiles are unavailable, 1 tablespoon of minced serrano chile can be substituted. Wear gloves when working with hot chiles.

INGREDIENTS
    3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1/4cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
    2tablespoons kosher salt
    6medium garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
    1tablespoon ground black pepper
    1tablespoon ground cumin
    1tablespoon sugar
    2teaspoons smoked paprika
    2teaspoons dried oregano
    2teaspoons finely grated zest and 1/4 cup juice from 2 limes
    1teaspoon minced habanero chile (see note)
    1(3 1/2-to 4-pound) whole chicken
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Process all ingredients except chicken in blender until smooth paste forms, 10 to 20 seconds. Using fingers or handle of wooden spoon, carefully loosen skin over thighs and breast and remove any excess fat. Rub half of paste beneath skin of chicken. Spread entire exterior surface of chicken with remaining paste. Tuck wingtips underneath chicken. Place chicken in gallon-size zipper-lock bag and refrigerate at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.

2. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Place vertical roaster on rimmed baking sheet. Slide chicken onto vertical roaster so chicken stands upright and breast is perpendicular to bottom of pan. Roast until skin just begins to turn golden and instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 140 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Carefully remove chicken and pan from oven and increase oven temperature to 500 degrees.

3. When oven is heated to 500 degrees, place 1 cup water in bottom of pan and return pan to oven. Roast until entire skin is browned and crisp and instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees inserted in thickest part of breast and 175 degrees in thickest part of thigh, about 20 minutes (replenish water as necessary to keep pan from smoking), rotating bird 180 degrees halfway through cooking.

4. Carefully remove chicken from oven and let rest, still on vertical roaster, 20 minutes. Using kitchen towel, carefully lift chicken off vertical roaster and onto platter or cutting board. Carve chicken and serve, passing Spicy Mayonnaise separately.

And this is me again. Before you ask ... No, they don't have any links to Spicy Mayo recipes... You'll just have to come up with your own, likely based on amazing homemade mayo of egg yolk, EVOO, mustard, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and then some SPICES. Have fun, and enjoy!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    ¡Hola Ally! Soy de Sacramento, California.

Acobo de terminar básico uno clase de español. Así que tengo solamente un poco de español. Sé muchas palabras en español, pero no muchos verbos. ¡Buena suerte en primal!

(Corrections welcome)
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

waterjen, that recipe sounds good! I will have to try it out with my family.
    The spicy mayo sounds good too thanks!
    @ VIBRANTE

Que bien que hayas tomado una clase de otro idioma

Ayuda el cerebro (helps the brain)
    @ VIBRANTE