Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: macronutrient breakdown page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sandybeaches View Post
    Thanks for responding. the book however talks about a "carbohydrate sweet spot" somewhere BETWEEN 50 and 100 and that where your spot is depends on your size, age, sex, and metabolism and that the goal is to settle right on the fringe of ketosis. but it doesn't tell how to figure that out....Am I missing something??

and how would I know which fruits are lower in sugar? is there a threshold? I never eat more than one a day anyway... but are say bananana or grapes off limits? I can't seem to find any practical info in the book...
    Trial and error. Or do some of this:

Answers Here

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Trial and error. Or do some of this:

Answers Here
    Thanks for the chuckle!!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    OP, very low carb eating is an excellent starting point. However, IMO after a while it's good to experiment with different starchy foods and fruit. There is no one size fits all approach when it comes to macronutrient ratios and calories too. If you feel good at below 50g carbs you find that diet ("diet" used as a noun) sustainable and your weight and body composition are where you want them to be, then by all means keep it very low-carb. Many people seem to be successful with it.

sandybeaches is offline Junior Member
    thanks for all the feedback. Maybe I will read the 21 day transformation. is there alot of different info than the primal blueprint regular book?

Yana is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I didn't read the original PB cover to cover since a lot of info there is redundant to the website. I read Chapter 8 - A Primal Approach to Weight Loss more closely. The 21 Day Transformation is an action plan with a 21 day challenge at the end. It looks like it has more specific information about food and exercise. The original PB is more theoretical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12