When I was first turned on to this WOE there were a lot of flags flying for fasting as a tool to promote health and longevity. Since then there's been some info about how eating more is actually better.

Today I found this article, which kind of makes sense to me:
Here is the simple process of aging. Every living cell within our body creates waste products. The nutrients from our food are delivered to each cell and they burn with oxygen to provide energy for us to live. The burned nutrients are the waste products. Whether you eat gourmet or junk food, all food generates waste products. The food that is either good or bad for you is determined by the amount and quality of the wastes produced: toxic, acid, alkaline, etc. Most of our cells go through metabolism and old dead cells become waste products.

These waste products must be discharged from our body. In fact, our body tries its best to dispose of them through urine and perspiration. Virtually all waste products are acidic; that is why urine is acidic and skin surface is also acidic. The problem is that, due to several reasons, our body cannot get rid of 100% of the waste products it produces.

The question is: "What happens to those non-disposed acidic waste products?" The answer is simple. These waste products become solid wastes, such as, cholesterol, fatty acid, uric acid, kidney stones, urates, phosphates, sulfates, etc., and, unknown to us, they accumulate and build-up somewhere within our body. This accumulation of non-disposed acidic wastes within our body is the aging process(1).
And I started wondering if this is why I feel worse. I've been having terrible night sweats, and have been peeing non-stop.
Granted, it comes off one of those alkaline diet sites, but...

What do you think? Better to overeat or undereat? Within reason, obviously. Any resources providing evidence for one or the other (not Mark's posts)?