Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Esp. for ex-vegetarians: 80% raw food vegan, 20% other Paleo = 100% paleo page 3

Primal Fuel
    I was vegan for 8 years- raw vegan for the first 2, GF vegan for the last 4. Recently started eating meat in October (2012).

My diet is about 50/50 in terms of veg and meat. Some days I eat more meat than veg. I have always like my protein, and my intake has always been high- when I was vegan I just ate a ton of soy/tofu, etc.

In terms of raw veg/fruit intake... it's low.
    ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
    24 year old female
    Current: Always between 115 and 119.
    Goal: Get ripped.
    My Journal

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amber_maiden View Post
    I was vegan for 8 years- raw vegan for the first 2, GF vegan for the last 4. Recently started eating meat in October (2012).

My diet is about 50/50 in terms of veg and meat. Some days I eat more meat than veg. I have always like my protein, and my intake has always been high- when I was vegan I just ate a ton of soy/tofu, etc.

In terms of raw veg/fruit intake... it's low.
    What made you change from a raw vegan to cooked GF? I ended up going off raw after my year or so as strength and wellness just were not there for me.
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever explored the bulletproof diet? It's paleo and advocates lots of vegetables, and eating as much as possible raw. The food list is here and this is their forum. The forum has mucho macho overtones that might turn you off - I just ignore it. I think your way of eating sounds fantastic. I used to be a rawwie myself and am 100% in favor of killing and eating as many vegetables as possible ;P

grokgramma is offline Member
    I am an ex-veg ala The McDougall Program. I still love my veggies just as much as when I was a vegan and before that when I ate the Standard American Diet. I have always liked all types of fresh veggies. Adding meat back to my diet has solved some health problems however. Humans are omnivores and anyone (vegan or paleo) who says otherwise doesn't understand biology or evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by grokgramma View Post
    I am an ex-veg ala The McDougall Program. I still love my veggies just as much as when I was a vegan and before that when I ate the Standard American Diet. I have always liked all types of fresh veggies. Adding meat back to my diet has solved some health problems however. Humans are omnivores and anyone (vegan or paleo) who says otherwise doesn't understand biology or evolution.
    Adding meat back in solved my health problems as well. I can relate and agree totally! <3

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    To each their own and all that jazz, but I'm a much MUCH bigger fan of starches and meat as opposed to this many veggies. Sometimes I do overdose on them, when the mood strikes, and I do eat some leafy greens, but I'd be all too happy to eat nothing but potatoes and steak for the rest of my days.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Have you ever explored the bulletproof diet? It's paleo and advocates lots of vegetables, and eating as much as possible raw. The food list is here and this is their forum. The forum has mucho macho overtones that might turn you off - I just ignore it. I think your way of eating sounds fantastic. I used to be a rawwie myself and am 100% in favor of killing and eating as many vegetables as possible ;P
    I only knew about bulletproof coffee and I was thinking they advocated high fat. Didn't know about high raw. Will check it out. Thanks for the links!!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Ex-8-year veg here, and you have just made my day. I adore my veggies, and always have. I have no problems digesting plant matter, and my kids and I could easily empty your fridge of produce by week's end, just eating it and not even juicing. Raw veggies make me feel super, too.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Ex-8-year veg here, and you have just made my day. I adore my veggies, and always have. I have no problems digesting plant matter, and my kids and I could easily empty your fridge of produce by week's end, just eating it and not even juicing. Raw veggies make me feel super, too.
    ...And you just made MY day! <3

Hard to say..but a lot of the raw gourmet foods are so heavy on nuts/nut butters and fats it messes with a lot of peoples digestion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast