Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's my eating? Too much? page

sunshine119 is offline Junior Member

How's my eating? Too much?

I've been a lurker on the boards for a year or so and I'd like some opinions on my eating (too much? not enough? things I should cut out or add in? etc)

I'm a 27 year old female, 5'5" and about 113lbs (I've always been petite/small-framed and I'm not looking to lose any weight). I started eating primally over a year ago, stopped for a couple months toward the end of last year and now have been eating about 95% primal since January.

Okay a typical day:

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs with a whole mess of cooked veggies (usually eggplant, cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms, and kale or collard greens), coffee with a couple TBSP of coconut milk

I often have a banana for a snack.

Lunch: A big salad with a can of tuna, a few olives, 1/2 - whole avocado, balsamic and olive oil
    OR
    a large sweet potato with butter, a couple fried eggs and some baby carrots.

Dinner: It varies a lot, but last night I had two chicken thighs and a smaller salad with balsamic and olive oil.

In the evening I'll often have another piece of fruit (sometimes with a couple TBSPs of unsweetened coconut) or a few celery sticks.

I have a very sedentary job, but I follow Mark's basic primal workout plan, so I get some form of exercise in almost every day.

I welcome any insight/opinions/suggestions etc.

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    I think u need to add a bit more fat, ( and if u arent eating the chicken with its skin) start doing that. If u could also make ur breakfast bigger a bit so u wouldnt need to snack. Since u r sedentry anyway at that time. But the snack at night ain't a problem if ur workout is around that time. But overall its good, btw how many calories do u eat?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It looks fine to me, and I'm around your size myself. I eat more than that, actually, but I'm more physically active.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    You need to calculate your necessary calories before you know what adjustments to do to your diet. YOU have to create a caloric deficit in your diet in order to lose weight, you have to find out how many calories per day should you eat to lose weight.

Keep us updated!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I think that looks good. Enter it into a nutrition tracker (like paleotrack.com) and see how it comes out.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    It all looks fabulous to me. Have you noticed any changes (good or bad) with this way of eating? Do you feel healthy and energetic? You are very slender so you are obviously not eating too much. You don't say what kind of exercise, but maybe you do need more food even though your job is sedentary.

If you are hungry, and/or would like to fill out more, build some muscle etc then you would definitely need to eat more, like eating some nuts with your banana, some roast veges with your dinner, some cream on your fruit, a milk drink in the evening.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Looks about right, maybe a tad more fat if you feel like you need it but otherwise, a solid day, all in all.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Well, is it working for you? Are you gaining/losing/maintaining based on your goals?

If you feel good, just keep doing what you're doing.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    If you're hungry and losing weight, and you don't want to be, eat more. If you're having to force yourself to eat and are gaining weight you don't want to be gaining, eat less. If you're stable, you're eating the right number of calories for maintenance.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    overall it looks good, but are you also eating red meat, organs and/or fatty fish, like salmon or mackerel, in the mix?

more important than what a bunch of strangers think, how do you feel?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast