Thread: after fast nutrition page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

Red face after fast nutrition

Primal Fuel
    The day before the fast I ate 2400 calories then went on a 36 hour fast nw after I sat down in fitday to enter my food I had gotten upto 2800 calories!! Fat was 70% carb was 6% so no worry and I averaged in the three days 1770 calories im supposed to average 1800 but im worried I aient doing the fast right am I supposed to be making up for the calories I didnt it?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    If your fasting to lose weight try not to make up the calories. If your fasting for general metabolic health then no worries either way.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    How often do you fast and for how long?

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    As long as the weekly caloric intake volume stays under the radar (under how many calories you expend), you are fine. You will lose weight
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Just remember, this is a 15yo girl you all are talking to. . . .

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Just remember, this is a 15yo girl you all are talking to. . . .
    Missed this detail in all the other threads, but there was definitely an air of NQR in the discussions.

To EG,
    Don't know what you're trying to achieve, but you don't need to IF or be in Ketosis to gain/maintain good health.
    Just a good balanced Primal diet that you don't really need to spend too much time thinking about, lot's of exercise, preferably the type that involves normal daily activities and lots of fun activities.

Just be aware that most people here have taken many years to realize they are not that smart after all and have had to spend time practicing the art of being humble and listening to their body rather than to their head.

I wish you good health, but I do think you need to relax and let go of some of the detail.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Definitely NQR especially with the abundance of posts.

Also ostensibly a Very Accomplished Weight Trainer and pole vaulter, so I'm sure
    that exercise is consistent.

I just couldn't see being 15 and asking a bunch of strangers all these questions.

I guess it would be easier, than say, asking my parents, but still........ 15 and fasting?

I wouldn't have lasted a second with how active I was as a teenager.

But then, that was me.

Julie

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    guys as i said before bec im Muslim i used to fast ramadan and personally i used to fast mondays and thursdays too, the muslim fasts are 12 hours so going a bit more wont hurt, and i know u dnt have to if or be in ketosis to have great health, i just want to speed up the process . idk wats bugging all of you especially " insearchofabs" if u dnt like my threads or u just dnt want to answer then kindly dont , u dnt have to keep complaining about what i post. and DARZ i fast mondays and thursdays for 36 hours, other days if i have have training ill just have my lunch and go on a 16 hour fast( another reason i go on fasts is bec before i went primal i was a food addict, so im trying to discipline my body and mind which wouldnt stop thinking about food noi matter how much i ate or what i ate) and yes i AM a very accomplished pole vaulter mind u

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Well a 16 hr fast is fine if you feel fine with it, I just asked because fasting for 36 hrs regularly might compromise your muscle mass and you wouldn't want that. Regarding being in ketosis to accelerate your weight loss, well, being in a small caloric deficit is what leads to an optimal weight loss, so you can still lose fat with a higher carb diet and feel much better, especially since you exercise regularly.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I just couldn't see being 15 and asking a bunch of strangers all these questions.

I guess it would be easier, than say, asking my parents, but still........ 15 and fasting?

I wouldn't have lasted a second with how active I was as a teenager.
    when i was an anorexic 15-year-old, i fasted all the time. but that was pre-internet, so i just called it "not eating".

to the op: unless you want to starve, stop trying to speed things up. this isn't a crash diet, it's about achieving health and balance.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway