Thread: Primal Journal (Primalleemur)

Threaded View

Primal Journal (Primalleemur)

DAY 1

Starting weight: 192.5
    Starting waist: 39.5"
    Starting hips: 43"

FOOD
    Breakfast: Omelet (2 eggs, 2 pork links, feta, greens, flax seeds cooked in coconut oil)
    Snack: Unsweetened apple sauce and dried roasted peanuts
    Lunch: Leftovers on a salad (Chicken, spinach, beets, potatoes, carrots, lettuce, sundried tomatoes, olives, feta, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame dressing)
    Dinner: Terriyaki burgers, baked potato with butter and nut yeast, carrot ginger soup (carrots, ginger, coconut milk)

Calories: 2331
    Carbs:113.7
    Fat:169.8
    Protein: 104.9

EXERCISE
    30min yoga
    30min walk through the snow wearing 25lb baby

DIARY
    I always thought I ate fairly healthily, but have always had a very difficult time with my weight. I have been on more diets than I can count and I always give up because I can't handle being hungry all the time. While I used to be very athletic, I haven't been in a long time. I hit rock bottom when I was pregnant. The stress of pregnancy and the stress on my body took me to my limit of endurance.

After the birth of my son I became increasingly interested in "getting back to basics". Attachment parenting was the answer to my need to parent "primally". I'm hoping that this change in eating will be another answer for me.

I'm anticipating that giving up grains will be very difficult for me. I have pounds and pounds of flours, oatmeals, etc. in my pantry and it will be difficult not to use them.

Thankfully, my husband is on this journey with me. I'm optimistic!
    Last edited by primalleemur; 03-21-2013 at 05:43 AM.