Thread: Primal Journal (Primalleemur) page

primalleemur is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Primalleemur)

DAY 1

Starting weight: 192.5
    Starting waist: 39.5"
    Starting hips: 43"

FOOD
    Breakfast: Omelet (2 eggs, 2 pork links, feta, greens, flax seeds cooked in coconut oil)
    Snack: Unsweetened apple sauce and dried roasted peanuts
    Lunch: Leftovers on a salad (Chicken, spinach, beets, potatoes, carrots, lettuce, sundried tomatoes, olives, feta, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame dressing)
    Dinner: Terriyaki burgers, baked potato with butter and nut yeast, carrot ginger soup (carrots, ginger, coconut milk)

Calories: 2331
    Carbs:113.7
    Fat:169.8
    Protein: 104.9

EXERCISE
    30min yoga
    30min walk through the snow wearing 25lb baby

DIARY
    I always thought I ate fairly healthily, but have always had a very difficult time with my weight. I have been on more diets than I can count and I always give up because I can't handle being hungry all the time. While I used to be very athletic, I haven't been in a long time. I hit rock bottom when I was pregnant. The stress of pregnancy and the stress on my body took me to my limit of endurance.

After the birth of my son I became increasingly interested in "getting back to basics". Attachment parenting was the answer to my need to parent "primally". I'm hoping that this change in eating will be another answer for me.

I'm anticipating that giving up grains will be very difficult for me. I have pounds and pounds of flours, oatmeals, etc. in my pantry and it will be difficult not to use them.

Thankfully, my husband is on this journey with me. I'm optimistic!
    Last edited by primalleemur; 03-21-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hi Primallemur!
    I've just started my journal too. Good luck!

DAY 2

Weight: 193.5

FOOD
    Breakfast: 3 pork sausage links, baked potato with butter, banana
    Snack: ~20 mixed nuts
    Lunch: Leftovers on a salad (Teriyaki burger, lettuce, sundried tomatoes, olives, feta, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, sesame dressing)
    Snack: Carrot ginger soup (leftovers) and a banana
    Dinner: Miso soup (fish broth, seaweed, shiitake mushrooms, miso, yam noodles) and pork egg foo yung (eggs, pork, pickled onions, potatoes, sauce)

Calories: 2073
    Carbs:146.1
    Fat:130.3
    Protein: 91.7

EXERCISE
    none

DIARY
    Woke up this morning feeling terrible. I'm on antibiotics for mastitis and I'm not sure if I feel bad because of the mastitis or the antibiotics. I was also ravenously hungry. So hungry that I was dizzy and shaky. I ate my breakfast and snack at the same time and most of the shakiness subsided. However, I still feel a bit flu-ish.

Felt a bit better has the day wore on and by dinner felt about 90% normal. Dinner was DELICIOUS!! I'm thrilled that I had yam noodles in the pantry. Thought they are quite starchy, they are grain-free so handy when I need a noodle-fix. Too things apparently high in carbs today: the noodles and the bananas.
    Last edited by primalleemur; 03-21-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    DAY 2

Weight: 192.5

FOOD
    Breakfast: Omelet (greens, feta, eggs), leftover pork, potato and butter
    Snack:
    Lunch: Leftovers on a salad (pork egg foo yung, olives, sun dried tomato, flax seeds, sunflower seeds
    Snack:
    Dinner:

Calories:
    Carbs:
    Fat:
    Protein:

EXERCISE

DIARY
    Felt better this morning. Very hungry for breakfast, but not shaky and sick hungry. I'm still not quite sold on this "diet". Maybe it's just the doctrine I've heard all my life, but I still feel as if these meals are very fatty and indulgent and inherently unhealthy. I'm going to stick with it for now, it's just difficult to give up everything you've been taught.