Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to put my Marmite on?? page

Annieh is offline Senior Member

What to put my Marmite on??

Shop Now
    Hey fellow Kiwis, Marmite is back!!! I should be thrilled. BUT since it went out of production I discovered primal and stopped eating toast. So.....what are you going to put your Marmite on?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Morning Annie - yeehaa, Marmite is back !!!!!! I will be in to get some today.
    DD in america has been desperate for me to send some over - so it will be in the mail today (if I find any)
    Many years ago I used to drink it Annie. It made a really nice hot savoury drink.
    I am also going to try my bread recipe with almond and potato flour - just to see if it works, so it could be yummy on that?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    You should put it "On the grooooound!!!!"
    http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video...-on-the-ground

Just kidding. I have never tried Marmite, but I have heard some people say they find it disgusting. I just thought this was too good of a thread title to pass up using this video.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I just stick a little on some cucumber. (Pre-paleo I liked marmite and cucumber sandwiches!)

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Yup, marmite's back, but I find it a bit gross. But I know someone who puts it on a slice of cheese....:P
    Didn't know you were a kiwi, Annieh!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh...thankgoodness Marmigeddon is over! I've been thinking of whipping up some almond crackers or maybe some coconut bread. Acutally I'll probably just fold and have some with Vogels toast and lots of butter - some things just can't be paleofied.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Heh, we gave our residual Marmite supplies away to starving 'others' a couple of weeks ago.

They said 'we know what we're having on our toast tommorrow morning!', and I felt bad for them.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Heh, we gave our residual Marmite supplies away to starving 'others' a couple of weeks ago.
    Oh you are good, it was a public service really.

I actually stole a jar from the pantry at work! Must remember to replace it now that I can.

Just don't read the ingredients list, full of unpronouncables and other horrors.

siouxelephant is offline Junior Member
    Yum, lettuce & marmite sammies. My favourite school lunch many moons ago. Oh & cheese & marmite on crackers.
    Vogels toast and lots of butter - Lizzielou this is the best !! Butter dripping down your arm with marmite melting on the hot vogels. Don't think I could trust myself with a loaf of vogels so might have to be coconut bread. drool.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we cant eat it as it has gluten in so we have to have the pommie version "our mate". it's nice on cheese and any of the faleo bread subs when they are toasted. you can add it to things like tomato sauces to make them more meaty tasting too. kinda like the vegans do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast