Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What to put my Marmite on?? page 4

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paleo bread, toasted with Marmite and avocado. AMAZING!!

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Have you been watching the Mr Bean Christmas Special?

(~3:00)
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    From the time my daughter started school until she reached high school age, I fixed her lunch every day. In fact, I fixed her what she wanted, which was a peanut butter sandwich on soft whole wheat berry bread. She never wanted jam, but sometimes for variety I would mix half a jar of peanut butter with a few ounces of melted dark chocolate and use that.

I know some adults get bored fixing the same thing for their kids every day, and end up making "healthy" things their kids give away or throw away. Later my daughter told me how much she appreciated having what she wanted to eat every day.

I still think she could have had a tidy income selling chocolate peanut butter sandwiches to her classmates.
    My kids aren't primal, and as an experiment this year, without asking what they want, I have made them peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches every day. On white bread. No complaints from either of them. Our school community is very 'crunchy eco homesteader'...so much so that some of the kids asked them where to buy white bread...

The rest of their lunches is very primal....water, hard boiled egg, fruit, veggies, jumbo meat ball, venison pepperoni, yogurt, dried fruit & nuts, etc. I don't give them juice or 'treats' as the sandwich is the treat.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    So I've been following this thread with morbid curiosity, while suppressing the urge to retch.

Around age 10 or 11 the discussion came up at school about chocolate spread you could put on a sandwich. I'd never had it, because my mom wouldn't buy it, so I was jealous of those kids who could bring a 'chocolate' sandwich to school (looking back now, it was probably Nutella or something like it). One of my friends was British, but had lived in and emigrated from South Africa. Someone asked her if she knew what we were talking about and she said 'I think so' and the next day she said she had a 'chocolate' sandwich and offered me a taste. That brown shit was NOT chocolate. It was Marmite.

Now, being of Dutch descent, I HAVE eaten chocolate sprinkles on toast. Looks like mouse turds.
    Heh. When I was in the states I offered some american friends some vegemite on toast, all while cautioning them that while it may LOOK like something similar to Nutella, it is no no way a chocolate spread, rather a yeast extract. Reception was ... poor.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL my kids eat marmite ( the GF version ) spread like nutella if i let them! and those dutch chocolate sprinkles are so much nicer to have not on bread. my aunt married a dutch man so they used to send them to us when i was a kid.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Heh. When I was in the states I offered some american friends some vegemite on toast, all while cautioning them that while it may LOOK like something similar to Nutella, it is no no way a chocolate spread, rather a yeast extract. Reception was ... poor.
    Stop it. Grade school flashback. I might hurl.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Stop it. Grade school flashback. I might hurl.
    HAHA - that reminds me when I was living in the States (California). I was visiting some Kiwi friends who had American Flatmates and I had brought along with me a jar of Vegemite as a treat.

One of them left the Vegemite Jar open on the kitchen bench and as we were having a few drinks in the lounge we all heard a yell from the kitchen and this loud American Accent say "F**K!!! WHO PUT SALT IN THE CHOCOLATE SPREAD!!" It was the funniest thing we'd heard in ages..

I still laugh just thinking about it....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thats a great story Rueben! I'm laughing and I wasn't even there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234