Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to put my Marmite on?? page 3

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    I take it you're not a Marmite fan?

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    Obtain some organically-grown twigs from a suitable garden shrub or ornamental tree. Section into 1" lengths, dip each in Marmite, and arrange artistically on a plain white plate. Serve with white wine vinegar in champagne flutes, sweetened with stevia. This can be a real hit at New Year's Eve parties.
    Have you been watching the Mr Bean Christmas Special?
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Everything you ever wanted to know about Marmite, but were afraid to ask: The Marmite FAQ

As some of you might have guessed, this isn't a food commonly eaten in the U.S.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Every time I read the thread title I think, you could lick it off your finger.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    After years of avoiding yeast extract, I don't know why I would suddenly eat it on purpose. MSG is not appealing to me, in any form.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

My mother used to feed us yeast pills and things with yeast added. My mother's propensity for serving "foods" selected for their medicinal value has gone a long way toward pushing me in the opposite camp: I only eat food that tastes good.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Every time I read the thread title I think, you could lick it off your finger.
    NO! Its only real food if its consumed as a condiment. Like butter. Its not logical to eat it straight up.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    So I've been following this thread with morbid curiosity, while suppressing the urge to retch.

Around age 10 or 11 the discussion came up at school about chocolate spread you could put on a sandwich. I'd never had it, because my mom wouldn't buy it, so I was jealous of those kids who could bring a 'chocolate' sandwich to school (looking back now, it was probably Nutella or something like it). One of my friends was British, but had lived in and emigrated from South Africa. Someone asked her if she knew what we were talking about and she said 'I think so' and the next day she said she had a 'chocolate' sandwich and offered me a taste. That brown shit was NOT chocolate. It was Marmite.

Now, being of Dutch descent, I HAVE eaten chocolate sprinkles on toast. Looks like mouse turds.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

From the time my daughter started school until she reached high school age, I fixed her lunch every day. In fact, I fixed her what she wanted, which was a peanut butter sandwich on soft whole wheat berry bread. She never wanted jam, but sometimes for variety I would mix half a jar of peanut butter with a few ounces of melted dark chocolate and use that.

I know some adults get bored fixing the same thing for their kids every day, and end up making "healthy" things their kids give away or throw away. Later my daughter told me how much she appreciated having what she wanted to eat every day.

I still think she could have had a tidy income selling chocolate peanut butter sandwiches to her classmates.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Everything you ever wanted to know about Marmite, but were afraid to ask: The Marmite FAQ

As some of you might have guessed, this isn't a food commonly eaten in the U.S.
    Ewwww that's the nasty British stuff, tastes like crap! We're talking about this stuff: Sanitarium - Marmite

No MSG to my knowledge........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast