Thread: My Diet Journal - To better health page

mda_lynn is offline Junior Member

My Diet Journal - To better health

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone, I've decided it's about time that I start a journal of my own and discipline myself into committing to a diet that would really work for me and give me better health. I have a few issues here and there including sensitivity to gluten and milk products. In addition to that I am also sensitive to fresh pineapples and kiwi fruits. Other than that I'm also currently trying to fight candidia by limiting daily sugar and carbs intake. I noticed if I eat more than one bowl of rice per day I act up.

For the past few days I have been doing pretty good with my diet until I went out earlier today and met my friends for dinner. I gave in and ordered some honey glazed fried chicken bites. Not sure if it's because I've been eating clean for the past few days or it was because of the oil that particular restaurant uses, now as I type I'm actually feeling pretty nauseated from finishing the whole order of fried chicken bites. Not to mentioned felt absolutely terrible about the decision. WILL NEVER do it again! And I also noticed now it seems a little phlegm is starting to form in my throat. URGH! Anybody could tell me if there's any relieve remedies I could do to salvage the situation? Besides drinking lots of water? Would thank you for life!

Today:

Breakfast
    2 eggs + veggies hummus with sesame paste (yum!)

Lunch
    veggies/eggplant/fish

Snacks
    half a papaya

Dinner
    fried chicken bites (omg all the bad stuff sugar/wheat/bad oil)

Hopefully this shall instill more discipline into myself! I can't afford to take my health for granted anymore and as much as I would hate to do this, I'll probably refrain from eating out (means l won't be meeting up with friends) because each time I do it messes up my eating plan. I love my friends but health comes first and I just don't know why each time it proves to be a problem especially when I'm with that particular bunch of lovely peeps. Urgh I really need more self control!

Will update!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I slipped up a couple of days ago, too. And I almost always slip when out with friends. Just try and remember that if you eat it, you'll have a couple of enjoyable minutes, then feel absolutely terrible for the rest of the day/night. Remembering this helps me resist non-primal stuff. Good luck!
    Last edited by Traveller; 03-20-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I slipped up a couple of days ago, too. And I almost always slip when out with friends. Just try and remember that if you eat it, you'll have a couple of enjoyable minutes, then feel absolutely terrible for the rest of the day/night. Remembering this helps me resist non-primal stuff. Good luck!
    Hi traveller, it is nice learning about others who have the same problems as me. And thanks for the encouragement! I really hope keeping this journal will help to eliminate those instances from happening again.

Wish you all the best too! Speaking of which i wil be travelling next week and Im really hoping i could avoid giving in to temptations!

Update:
    Pretty much expected it, i am probably suffering from the consequences of eating those fried chicken bites yesterday night and now my stomach is feeling rather gassy. It has been giving out a constant rumbling noise since i started my breakfast this morning.
    In addition, also feeling extra thirsty and scratchy in the throat upon waking up. Urgh! I really dislike eating out!

Breakfast
    half papaya (large papaya so approx 2 cups full)

Lunch
    Pumpkin
    Little bit of rice
    2 soft boil eggs
    little veggies
    little eggplants
    (so full)

Not gg to eat dinner until about 5/6 hours later.

Gg drink plenty of water!!!

Throat feeling worst and more phelgm forming up. Urgh.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How's it going, Mda_lynn? Has it all settled down yet?