Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Coconut oil giving me stomach pains? page

  1. #1
    krsn89's Avatar
    krsn89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    48

    Unhappy Coconut oil giving me stomach pains?

    Primal Fuel
    Hey all!

    I have a general question regarding coconut oil. I have attempted to incorporate coconut oil into my diet several times, but I just don't know if I can tolerate it. It gives me the worst stomach cramping when I eat it. I have tried cooking food with it, eating it out of the jar, eating it with food, on an empty stomach, with coffee/tea, and it gives me pain EVERY SINGLE TIME. I've tried three different brands: Nutiva, Spectrum (this was refined) and the Whole Foods brand and have had the same issue with each. When I first started, I just started with a teaspoon per day, and increased it to finally a tablespoon per day and at any amount it gives me bad stomach pains and turns me off eating it for a while. I don't have to run to the bathroom or anything like that but the cramping in my stomach is very uncomfortable and takes a while to stop hurting.

    Is this something that will pass? Should I just NOT eat any more coconut oil? Or should I keep trying? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks everyone!

  2. #2
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Some people just dont tolerate coconuts. I would absolutely avoid it if i were you.

  3. #3
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Some people just dont tolerate coconuts. I would absolutely avoid it if i were you.
    Sorry to say it, but Zach's right and you're one such person.

  4. #4
    Marinas Florin's Avatar
    Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    125
    There's a saying: If it hurts, don't eat it.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

    I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

    Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

    Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

  5. #5
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Maybe it's trying to kill something bad off? Just a thought...
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    EagleRiverDee's Avatar
    EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    668
    I try to use coconut oil but it causes me gastric distress in anything but small doses.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

    Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

  7. #7
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Maybe it's trying to kill something bad off? Just a thought...
    Maybe it would not be a good idea to kill of whatever it is..

  8. #8
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Maybe it would not be a good idea to kill of whatever it is..
    But what if it's something bad like Candida or something?
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  9. #9
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    But what if it's something bad like Candida or something?
    Still dont think its a good idea.

  10. #10
    Winterbike's Avatar
    Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by krsn89 View Post
    Hey all!

    I have a general question regarding coconut oil. I have attempted to incorporate coconut oil into my diet several times, but I just don't know if I can tolerate it. It gives me the worst stomach cramping when I eat it. I have tried cooking food with it, eating it out of the jar, eating it with food, on an empty stomach, with coffee/tea, and it gives me pain EVERY SINGLE TIME. I've tried three different brands: Nutiva, Spectrum (this was refined) and the Whole Foods brand and have had the same issue with each. When I first started, I just started with a teaspoon per day, and increased it to finally a tablespoon per day and at any amount it gives me bad stomach pains and turns me off eating it for a while. I don't have to run to the bathroom or anything like that but the cramping in my stomach is very uncomfortable and takes a while to stop hurting.

    Is this something that will pass? Should I just NOT eat any more coconut oil? Or should I keep trying? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks everyone!
    Does coconut milk give you the same effect?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •