Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coconut oil giving me stomach pains?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    If the chicken's got skin, it greases the pan itself.
    I like to high heat sear a lot of meats in cast iron so I usually need just enough to make the bottom non-stick.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

My vote is "if it hurts, don't eat it." Or at least cut back until you have adapted. Scallops make me retch. I don't think it's because they're cleansing my system; I'm just not meant to eat them.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

when i first started eating it i got cramps for a week or so. they went away and now i have no problems. i do think it's an adaptation to lauric acid content. BUT as most said, if it doesn't work for you...don't bother.
    i would think that you would react the least to coconut oil (coconut cream/milk often have guar gum which irritates my gut). remember, every body is different so listen to yours, not everyone elses!

Shop Now
    Stick with macadamia nut oil for cooking instead!