Hey all!

I have a general question regarding coconut oil. I have attempted to incorporate coconut oil into my diet several times, but I just don't know if I can tolerate it. It gives me the worst stomach cramping when I eat it. I have tried cooking food with it, eating it out of the jar, eating it with food, on an empty stomach, with coffee/tea, and it gives me pain EVERY SINGLE TIME. I've tried three different brands: Nutiva, Spectrum (this was refined) and the Whole Foods brand and have had the same issue with each. When I first started, I just started with a teaspoon per day, and increased it to finally a tablespoon per day and at any amount it gives me bad stomach pains and turns me off eating it for a while. I don't have to run to the bathroom or anything like that but the cramping in my stomach is very uncomfortable and takes a while to stop hurting.

Is this something that will pass? Should I just NOT eat any more coconut oil? Or should I keep trying? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone!