Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great CW moment

Hybrid View

Great CW moment

I'm in college and I share a kitchen with about fifty other girls (some of whom I know, most of whom I do not). This morning, after a nice long walk through NYC in the snow, I was in my dorm kitchen making myself a big breakfast. Just as I was sliding everything from my frying pan onto my plate, a girl walks in and stares wide-eyed at my pile of food.

"You must be hungry," she murmurs, pouring herself a bowl of Kashi low-fat cereal. I laugh and say, "yeah." I think that's going to be the end of our interaction, but I can see she's still watching me.

"I wish I could do that, but I'm on a diet," she mutters. I can sense some amount of haughtiness in her voice. She adds, "Bikini season is only a few months away." She's easily thirty pounds heavier than me.

I don't pause in what I'm doing. The only reply I can think of is "good luck with that." But oh, she's not done. She's going to really make herself feel better.

"What is that... steak, avocado, and an egg? You must not be worried about your figure at all."

Finished at the stove, I quickly pick up my plate and move towards the door, but not before correcting her, "Oh no, I really am thinking about my figure. That's why there's two more eggs under the steak."

PB: 1. CW: 0

When stuff like this happens I always like to play dumb.

"Wait...did you bring a pound of bacon and eggs in Tupperware for lunch?"

Me: "Yeah, but there's also steak and sour cream in there. Also some spinach."

"Aren't you worried about [fill in the blank]?"

Me: [Long blank stare] "...Huh?"

"It's so much [fat/cholesterol/bad for you, etc]"

Me: "I don't understand what you're getting at. You've seen my raging abs, right?" [shrug, walk away]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Me: "I don't understand what you're getting at. You've seen my raging abs, right?" [shrug, walk away]
    I like this response. When I get some raging abs, I'll have to use it. And then show them my raging abs anyway, just for good measure.

Glad everyone else got a laugh out of this too. And Mr Anthony -- haha yeah, I'm thinking of cooking my fat-filled breakfast while in my sports bra every morning to really boggle peoples' minds.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    And Mr Anthony -- haha yeah, I'm thinking of cooking my fat-filled breakfast while in my sports bra every morning to really boggle peoples' minds.
    This action gets the Mr. Anthony Seal of Approval.

This action gets the Mr. Anthony Seal of Approval.
    +2
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

You breakfast sounds awesome. Your response equally so

LOL... awesome. It's too bad that people associate a good figure, or caring about your health with self deprivation. If your not eating stale cardboard you must not care about your figure! Silly girl.

BTW if thats your figure in the pics there you obviously got no worries come bikini season.

Yeah, if that's you in your avatar, what the hell is she talking about? I think the biggest problem she faces, is she thinks if she eats like you, she'd get heavier. People are so trained...

People see you looking good eating like you do and the only thing they think is that you must be blessed with good genes that you can eat whatever you want and not get fat. They never think that, hey, maybe she looks like that because she eats what she eats. It's a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    Yeah, if that's you in your avatar, what the hell is she talking about? I think the biggest problem she faces, is she thinks if she eats like you, she'd get heavier. People are so trained...

People see you looking good eating like you do and the only thing they think is that you must be blessed with good genes that you can eat whatever you want and not get fat. They never think that, hey, maybe she looks like that because she eats what she eats. It's a travesty.
    My wife dropped almost 40 pounds eating whole foods (not even all that strictly primal). One of her classmates said something similar, "When I'm as skinny as you, then I can eat like you do." Apparently she didn't understand that eating that way was how my wife lost the weight.