Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great CW moment page

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member

Great CW moment

Shop Now
    I'm in college and I share a kitchen with about fifty other girls (some of whom I know, most of whom I do not). This morning, after a nice long walk through NYC in the snow, I was in my dorm kitchen making myself a big breakfast. Just as I was sliding everything from my frying pan onto my plate, a girl walks in and stares wide-eyed at my pile of food.

"You must be hungry," she murmurs, pouring herself a bowl of Kashi low-fat cereal. I laugh and say, "yeah." I think that's going to be the end of our interaction, but I can see she's still watching me.

"I wish I could do that, but I'm on a diet," she mutters. I can sense some amount of haughtiness in her voice. She adds, "Bikini season is only a few months away." She's easily thirty pounds heavier than me.

I don't pause in what I'm doing. The only reply I can think of is "good luck with that." But oh, she's not done. She's going to really make herself feel better.

"What is that... steak, avocado, and an egg? You must not be worried about your figure at all."

Finished at the stove, I quickly pick up my plate and move towards the door, but not before correcting her, "Oh no, I really am thinking about my figure. That's why there's two more eggs under the steak."

PB: 1. CW: 0

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    When stuff like this happens I always like to play dumb.

"Wait...did you bring a pound of bacon and eggs in Tupperware for lunch?"

Me: "Yeah, but there's also steak and sour cream in there. Also some spinach."

"Aren't you worried about [fill in the blank]?"

Me: [Long blank stare] "...Huh?"

"It's so much [fat/cholesterol/bad for you, etc]"

Me: "I don't understand what you're getting at. You've seen my raging abs, right?" [shrug, walk away]

You breakfast sounds awesome. Your response equally so

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    LOL... awesome. It's too bad that people associate a good figure, or caring about your health with self deprivation. If your not eating stale cardboard you must not care about your figure! Silly girl.

BTW if thats your figure in the pics there you obviously got no worries come bikini season.

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Yeah, if that's you in your avatar, what the hell is she talking about? I think the biggest problem she faces, is she thinks if she eats like you, she'd get heavier. People are so trained...

People see you looking good eating like you do and the only thing they think is that you must be blessed with good genes that you can eat whatever you want and not get fat. They never think that, hey, maybe she looks like that because she eats what she eats. It's a travesty.

FiveX is offline Member
    Nice one PrimalStudent! Thats a verbal KO! Way to go! She's probably still wondering what hit her lol.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Good for you, great story. Denial is real in our world. Great Abs = Bad diet? Physic and health don't match?

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Bwaahahahaa! That must have been great!

Maybe she will let that roll around in her head for awhile and then ask you more about how you do it.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You're a nicer person than I. I would have brought up her weight in context.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I had a similar story a few years ago. I brought in bacon and eggs for lunch. In the lunchroom two overweight coworkers start laughing and say to me "Another heart attack in a bowl for lunch?" I laugh and respond with "Yup, heart attack incoming!". They continue to giggle while they chug down their Lite Starbuck's fraps and a scone. They are both easily 50+ lbs overweight mind you and love Dr. Oz lol.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast