Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great CW moment page 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    This action gets the Mr. Anthony Seal of Approval.
    +2
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Every day at work I make a "salad" at the cafeteria with spinach, chicken, olive oil, tuna, mushrooms, eggs, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers and occasionally some bacon. I thoroughly enjoy watching the reaction and fielding commentary of these random coworkers when I throw it on the scale to be weighed while they wait with their garbage.

"That's a lot of food..."
    "Is that olive oil?"
    "Aren't you worried about eating all those eggs?"
    "I don't think you are supposed to put that much meat on a salad."
    "That salad was healthy until you started adding stuff."
    "Good thing you are active."

I laugh...it's actually funny.

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    Every day at work I make a "salad" at the cafeteria with spinach, chicken, olive oil, tuna, mushrooms, eggs, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers and occasionally some bacon. I thoroughly enjoy watching the reaction and fielding commentary of these random coworkers when I throw it on the scale to be weighed while they wait with their garbage.

"That's a lot of food..."
    "Is that olive oil?"
    "Aren't you worried about eating all those eggs?"
    "I don't think you are supposed to put that much meat on a salad."
    "That salad was healthy until you started adding stuff."
    "Good thing you are active."

I laugh...it's actually funny.
    The worst is eating out with friends and seeing their faces when you tell the waiter "no toast" with your eggs and bacon, or when you don't dig into the bread basket before your meal... I don't know why people care, but it REALLY seems to bother them.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    The worst is eating out with friends and seeing their faces when you tell the waiter "no toast" with your eggs and bacon, or when you don't dig into the bread basket before your meal... I don't know why people care, but it REALLY seems to bother them.
    I prefer to eat out with people who are okay with me scooping my share of the butter onto my bread and butter dish and eating it with a fork.

vtphoenix is offline Member
    I think deep inside somewhere, they KNOW the bread is wrong, and they're ashamed they can't give it up like you have.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Friends and family inevitably express opinions over the "lack of nutritious carbs" via appetizers, bread, etc. Then they hear me order and just get confused. The most comedic responses come from those people that have tried all the diets. To this point my most favorite line:

"Wait, what did you just order? Oh my...I'd be fearing my next weigh-in."

Initial dates can get a little awkward. Girls typically want to hit up that bread bowl but won't unless you do....

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    Friends and family inevitably express opinions over the "lack of nutritious carbs" via appetizers, bread, etc. Then they hear me order and just get confused. The most comedic responses come from those people that have tried all the diets. To this point my most favorite line:

"Wait, what did you just order? Oh my...I'd be fearing my next weigh-in."

Initial dates can get a little awkward. Girls typically want to hit up that bread bowl but won't unless you do....
    Agreed. When I'm hanging out with people I don't know very well, I tend to relax a little bit and not question the waiter ("can I have my eggs cooked in butter instead of vegetable oil?") just for the sake of being sociable. It's strange that it's necessary, but it is what it is.

miata is online now Senior Member
    The scary thing to me is that it is usually the people I consider smarter who have the biggest hang-ups. I told a buddy of mine that my standard breakfast if bulletproof coffee with a couple of tablespoons of butter and coconut oil with three soft boiled eggs. All he could ask me was "with the egg yolks?"

I am surrounded by otherwise intelligent people who think that eggs, red meat, butter and saturated fat are evil and whole grain foods with all that fiber is the healthiest stuff around.

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    I think deep inside somewhere, they KNOW the bread is wrong, and they're ashamed they can't give it up like you have.
    I think that too. After reading Wheat Belly I strongly believe the author's findings that wheat is addictive. I see them as drug addicts defending their addiction.

I get similar responses to the meals I bring in. Invariably from some carboholic eating a soul less sandwich.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think it's also true that people have an irrational attachment to the diets they eat regularly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast