Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My paleo journey page 3

louisem is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I weighed myself this morning and I'm actually down two pounds. Yippee! But do you think that stopped me from eating chocolate? No way but I didn't eat as much as normal so that's good. Was busy today with kids so not much time to dwell on negativity. I have a mantra that I say to myself and I think it helps me to be more positive. So sticking with it!

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Hi, take really dark chocolate at least 70%, you will not eat as much of it and its healthy . I make my own or buy a 86% version, eat it every day and still loose weight.

Thanks for that Paleodutch, I'll give it a try!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yippee for the weight loss. Good luck for the exams. Keep up the primal eating, positive attitude and don't sweat the chocolate (agree with Paleodutch, find the dark choc with not much else in it, it's a healthy treat I eat a few bits most every day).

Thanks again Annie. I appreciate the support!

Down another two pounds, can't believe it! Probably because I was gone all day yesterday. Was in the hospital with my daughter with suspected appendicitis. And again today. Very hard to eat primally in a hospital but I tried. Back down again tomorrow and exam on wednesday so a bit stressed. What can you do though? I'm very tired but thankfully mood seems to be improving. Onwards and upwards!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Well done with the weight loss!
    Good luck with your exam!

bdb
    bdb is offline Junior Member
    Hey louisem! I've just recently discovered the Primal Blueprint and came across your posts. I couldn't help but feel empathetic as I can see you're struggling with depression. One thing I know very well. My depression (and anxiety) has gotten so bad that I can't even work. Just to give you an idea as to the severity. I understand your doctor just put you on Effexor. I've been on Effexor for almost 8 weeks now. First 5 weeks were at 75mg, now I'm at 150mg. It's helping but it takes a good while before you'll start feeling really good. You might feel a little better within the first few weeks, but it takes awhile for the full effects to kick in. I'm also taking Vitamin D and Omega 3s to try and elevate my mood. I've read on this site that some people recommend about 1,000 IU of Vitamin D and about the same for Omega-3s if you have depression so I'm going to try and increase my dosage of those two. Hopefully your doctor recommended them as well.

Obviously with depression comes a lack of motivation which will make chocolate seem much more enticing as your brain is just begging for that endorphin rush! Just be patient with the medication and it will really help you become more motivated. Once you've been living primally for a bit, I imagine the depression will become significantly easier to deal with or disappear entirely. This is what I keep telling myself in order to keep motivated. Just keep your chin up Louise! All things come to pass! If you slip up and have some chocolate, you'll notice the world WILL NOT END! I had some chocolate milk today which has an unreal amount of sugar. Yes it was a slip up, but it won't define my motivation to become more healthy and you shouldn't let your chocolate cravings define yours either! Even Mark Sisson has his small scoop of ice cream every now and then!

It's tough now, but it will get better. And so will you! I wish you the very best Louise!

- Brandyn

Hi Brandyn,
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I'm beginning to ease up on myself a bit which really helps. Today i was down at the hospital and didn't eat anything all day until I got home. Then I ate 2 cookies some bolognese and half a kitkat. To top it off I had a baileys coffee. And I didn't feel too bad. I've had a stressful few days so I forgive myself.
    I also take Vitamin D but I take 10,000 iu and I also take magnesium and a spoonful of flaxseed oil every day. When I remember I take a tablespoon of cider vinegar too.
    I really hope you feel better too Brandyn and if you ever want to talk to someone, I'll be here!

I'm so fed up. My weight gone up by 4 pounds again and I'm so angry that I want to lash out at myself and how do I do it?By eating loads of sugar! I'm so stressed all the time and so sick of this weight battle. I can't see an end to it, just an on-going constant vicious cycle. I really can't understand how people succeed. Ok at the moment I hide away in my room a lot and hate the thought of going outside to do any sort of exercise. I know that is the depression speaking but maybe that is me. I just feel really shitty! Thats my whinge for today but I'm sure I will have more tomorrow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast