Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My paleo journey page 2

louisem is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm back again but not with good news. My diet has gone to hell. I have eaten more crap in the last two days than I have in a long time. And I'm writing this in bed because I feel so tired and fed up. I don't know if I'm ever going to get my ass in gear. I mean how many chances can I give myself? At the moment I can't seem to care. I have barely gone outside the door and hate the thought of going out. My mind is driving me nuts too. I suppose I just have to keep plodding along until something clicks. I think too that I don't really believe that I will ever lose weight. I can't even visualise myself being slim and fit. Sorry for all the moaning yet again.

I had a good day today. I haven't had any chocolate or crap. I had a double scoop of protein shake with two raw eggs for breakfast along with bullet-proof coffee. For lunch I had a salad with lettuce tomatoes beet and cheese and chicken. Then I ate yogurt with mixed seeds. For dinner I cooked a ham and had small scoop mashed potato and turnips and carrots. I also ate couple of plums. I didn't do any exercise though. I'm hoping to stick with it and succeed!

Another pretty good day apart from one lapse. 2 eggs and protein shake and bp coffee for breakfast. Lunch was lettuce, beets, cheese and ham. Plus a yoghurt with mixed seeds. Dinner was some chicken and butternut squash. I ate a mango for dessert. My one lapse was some chocolate after lunch but I didn't binge which is good. All in all, a good day. My weight has gone up by about 3-4 lbs but that was to be expected after all the junk I ate at the weekend. I think I might have to cut back on dairy though as my skin is breaking out in eczema. I'm not giving up my protein shakes though. My mood is not great but am trying to stay positive. So it's one foot in front of the other for now.

OK I'm not sure if I'm ready for this because I keep failing. I've eaten sugar and crap again and still have not exercised. I have sought help for depression though. I'll probably have to go on medication too. I don't know what else to do really. I can't seem to be able to stick with anything and I worry that I'm just going to get fatter and fatter. I've read some of the success stories on here and though they impress me I find it hard to believe that I can ever be that successful. I really thought this would work for me and deep down I still believe it but for some reason I can't put it into practice. Do I have to keep trying and failing and failing and failing?

I posted for some advice yesterday but unfortunately did not receive any feedback. I had some sort of allergic reaction when I did a 3 mile walk. My skin became red with purple blotches and the itch nearly drove me insane. I'm better today though but feel really really tired. I ate well yesterday apart, as usual, from having too much chocolate. This morning I had protein shake made with whole milk and greek yoghurt. I also had my bp coffee. Naturally enough I haven't lost any weight but at least I haven't eaten any grains or processed food, (apart from choc). I have an appointment tomorrow to see a shrink and am hoping I can get the help I need even if it means I have to go on medication. I was reading some other posts this morning and I think I have to increase my veg intake as in more salads. I'm not very inventive when it comes to making salads so will look up some ideas. That's all for now!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Louise, I hope your appointment goes well. I find salads a bit of a challenge too, but I have recently realised they do not necessarily have to start with lettuce. One I like is grated carrot, grated cheese, toasted sesame seeds with coconut cream dressing and maybe some parsley. Another is to finely dice a cucumber and throw in some yummy additions such as olives, avocado and feta. Well done for staying off the grains and processed food. Keep it up

Thanks Annie.

I had a fairly primal day apart from my usual failing of chocolate. I started on efexor yesterday too so hopefully that will kick in soon and I'll feel better. Still no exercise though. I'm so tired and by the time 7pm comes around I'm in my bed. I did some meditation today and found it helped a bit. I'm going to try and do a little every day. Still no weight loss and feel as if most of my weight has accumulated around my stomach and ass. But what can I expect when I'm munching on chocolate every day? Still off the grains and most processed food so that's good. Just got to keep on trying!

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hi Louisem!
    I'm having trouble as well, also with chocolate. Just can't seem to stay off it.
    It doesn't help that it was on special at the supermarket so a Family Member bought 5 bars of it. Plus two huge cooking chocolate blocks.

Hang in there!

Thanks Traveller
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has problems giving up chocolate. Same again for me today, but worse cos I ate 3 chocolate chip cookies. Can't get over this tiredness though. Have very little energy and my mood is not great. Took a long hard look at myself in the mirror and did not like what I saw. Wish I could overcome that too. And I have done very little study for my exams. I'm still hanging in there though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast