Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People who don't make faces when they deadlift page 3

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    I beg to differ. Look at Pavel Tsatsouline. Namely his Power to the People book. He recommends taking the deadlift (or variation) and an overhead or side press variation and doing two sets of five, five days a week. It works for a lot of people. Most people who use it eventually stop, not because of lack of progress, but to change things up more.
    The amount of weight one can deadlift goes up indefinitely with this method, but people stop? At what new PR do they get bored and switch to different types of programming? I call shenanigans.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Once the weight got really heavy to me on the deadlift once a week was more than enough. Deadlift day is always my favorite.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    With a weight that heavy (wrt bw) you might be ready for a new program. If you're no longer making linear gains you might want to look into wendler 531

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Believe me, if you reach deadlifting with 180-200 kg, than making trying NOT to make weird faces becomes impossible....
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    So do the weighlifting belts help?

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Yes, they're of great help, I think. But don't use them for all your sets, just the really heavy ones.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Today I showed up a somehow weird face when deadlifting 480 lbs and tore a hole in my shorts...

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Learning a lot through all the comments on here.

I need to go back to my good sleeping habits because lately I've been going to sleep later even when I'm starting to feel sleepy. It's hard when you want to stay awake to learn new stuff and socialize online.

I'm going to up my cals and see how that goes.

If I were to cut back on my DL and do them once a week, how would I work that into 5x5 StrongLifts? One week its DL one day, and the next week it is 2 days.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally415 View Post
    Learning a lot through all the comments on here.

I need to go back to my good sleeping habits because lately I've been going to sleep later even when I'm starting to feel sleepy. It's hard when you want to stay awake to learn new stuff and socialize online.

I'm going to up my cals and see how that goes.

If I were to cut back on my DL and do them once a week, how would I work that into 5x5 StrongLifts? One week its DL one day, and the next week it is 2 days.
    If you reach the end of a novice linear progression, I'd opine that Stronglifts 5x5 is no longer appropriate programming. I'm not saying you're there yet, but you might be. Get your sleep and diet in order and see if you can recover between workouts. If not, I'm a big fan of Wendler's 5/3/1. Get the book, but use the calculator at blackironbeast.com

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't know if I make faces but I do sometimes make noises. Sometimes I even get actual tears after I'm done deadlifting.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast