Thread: Is the Low Carb Paleo Message Doomed to Be Ignored Forever? (Yes, Unless) page

AdamK is offline Member

Is the Low Carb Paleo Message Doomed to Be Ignored Forever? (Yes, Unless)

Primal Fuel
    What do you guys think of the following, somewhat incendiary post I just put up?

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    In the United States, yes hopeless.

The pattern of rise and fall is the way of nature. In the USA you have a society in the stage of decline. If the people suddenly became healthy, that would be a society rising. But the USA is not in a rising state. It is in a falling state. So unfortunately all this interneting won't change a thing.

That's just how it is. Oh well.

AdamK is offline Member
    I fear you may be right! But I hope that you're not

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, that's why I don't live there any more.

The message is good and true, but people will argue, cloud it, and then the corporations will step in and do what they always do, and cloud it some more, and people will become confused, and corporate profits will increase, and health will decrease, until the machine finally busts.

AdamK is offline Member
    Ha! Well, that's one way it could all go down. Things are lookin' a lot like Rome in the Era of Decline, here...

wiltondeportes Guest
    On a quick glance, I'd say not everything has to be catch phrase-y or twitter-y to become popular. The info is simple, so portray it that way. No need to get cute.

Also, I think people are getting too self conscious about what others say about primal or paleo nutrition. These other people are just as stuck on dogma, albeit a different kind of dogma than you are. After you try, just give it a rest.

Health is really not that fucking complicated. Eat food. Live a healthy lifestyle.

AdamK is offline Member
    Interesting, and I probably mostly agree. Not complicated for many people, and you can still spread an imperfectly sticky message.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamK View Post
    Interesting, and I probably mostly agree. Not complicated for many people, and you can still spread an imperfectly sticky message.
    If vegetarians eat no meat, we eat no bread. That's a simple start. It doesn't require the occult (to them) either. Arnold Schwarzennegger didn't eat bread back when he trained. Various people through the years have taken stands on bread.

But then again, some bread is not too bad. I don't partake, but I could eat some ancient grain bread if I had to. I truly find that health is not about dogmas. It's about eating food with lots of energy and expending lots of energy. I know that sounds way out there, but it's simplest way to sum it up.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-18-2013 at 10:28 PM.

AdamK is offline Member
    I'm with ya! It's like Lutz' book "Life without Bread" -- pretty 'gettable' and highly useful as a 1st order guideline...