Thread: Primal for small women page

historyteacher is offline Junior Member

Primal for small women

Good evening everyone,
    My wife and I have been primal for a few months now, at least the diet part (we had the skewers tonight, mmmmmmmm) We recently started working out, but my wife is slightly concerned.
    She is 5'1" and is typically around 90 lbs, so while she wants to be in shape, and we get that Primal isn't just about losing weight, she is worried about losing weight. I've told her that she needs to make sure she is eating enough protein so that she is putting on muscle while losing her little bit of baby weight.
    Are there any women on the board who have started from the same place, or does anyone have any other advice?
    Thanks in advance.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    If she starts strength training by lifting weights, she'll want eat more and will put on muscle. It will make her tiny frame fill out nicely. She shouldn't worry about gaining weight on primal - eating this way and weight lifting will bring her body to where it wants to be. Eat starches and protein with healthy fats - I like my own rendered beef or lamb tallow best.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    There are lots of underweight people who report gaining weight when they start eating primal (mostly quality meats).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I'm a small person myself. I'd advise your wife to do strength training and not do low carb.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    I always start with my female clients on a strength training program like starting strength workout routine program.

Give it a try!
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

historyteacher is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm 5 2 and I come from a petite background. I eat a lot but that's because I love to lift heavy weights and walk around. I used to be very thin but building muscle and eating the right foods your body shapes up nicely looking lean and strong.

Give her body time to out on healthy weight at a steady pace

Good food fuel will help, but strengthening muscles will do the trick.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/