Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how often do you eat fish? page

girlhk is offline Senior Member

how often do you eat fish?

Primal Fuel
    I used to take fish oil last year, and stopped when we started eating sardines or mackeral everyday for lunch. I figure that I didn't need to supplement. Now we've moved away and the only sardines available are canned. My intake of fish has dropped to maybe 1-2 meals a week, usually salmon or fish head or sushi/sashimi. I'm wondering whether I should add more fish, or take fish oil? Other seafood? I developed allergies to shellfish during my pregnancy, so don't eat them as much, maybe 1-2 times a month at most, and only very little.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Tins of fish are fine. I try to eat a mackerel every day or two.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    2-3 times per week minimum. Mostly canned.

krsn89 is offline Member
    I have fish 2-3 times a week, usually canned sardines. I'll have baked salmon a couple times a month too.

Faumdano is offline Member
    Living in Japan, seafood of some sort is on the menu almost every day -- most of it wild caught too; love love love it.

The past few days:

Steamed Japanese clams (asari) with sake lees.
    Japanese mackerel in spicy ginger miso sauce.
    Grilled salt preserved Japanese mackeral.
    Squid (surume) stuffed with glutinous rice and simmered in ginger soy broth; the guts sauteed separately with green onions.
    Yellowtail (buri) teriyaki (no sugar; just a touch of mirin)
    Deep-fried (in mixed coconut and high olein sunflower oil) oysters battered with course ground coconut flour.
    Flame-seared skipjack tuna (katsuo tataki).

God I love having access to all kinds of fresh seafood!

FiveX is offline Member
    We eat fish 4 or 5 times a week maybe more. Maybe twice a week dinner, 2/3 times breakfast. The salmon and steelhead we eat I catch drifting the rivers and trolling the ocean nearby. My wife teases me that the cost per pound is over $100 because of time/gas/fishing gear, etc. Hmmmm I hope not but I am to afraid to do the math. Every other year we buy 200 pounds of troll caught albacore tuna directly from fishing boats and can it ourselves. It's awesome!!

Since retiring I spend more time fishing and we only live 1/2 hour from our son. He loves going when conditions are right and he's not working. I recall rowing down Oregon rivers with him since he was 6 years old. He's now 26 and he handles most of the rowing . We also troll the mountain lakes in the summer and do quite well catching trout and kokanee. I started lightly smoking trout and canning them too, another good source of omega 3! Need more rain here now to bring the rivers up a bit so I can catch more $100 lb fish! Peace...5x

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    2-5 times a week, line caught or sustainably farmed. Fresh.

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    1-2 time a week

peril is offline Senior Member
    5-6 time per week. Mostly canned. Some locally caught
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A few times a week, but only tinned tuna, mackerel and frozen "basic" salmon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast