Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how often do you eat fish? page 4

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Daily. Practically every meal, in fact, meat is more like 1-2 meals a week. I like fish. When I do eat "meat", it's usually offal, or slow-cooked beef or game with offals.

I'll eat a variety of fish through the week, mostly fresh, so firm white fish like cod, haddock, coley, pollock, hake, halibut and sole; salmon and trout; and, herring, mackerel, sardines and sild.

Canned fish and shellfish: prawns, cockles, shrimp and so on ... for lunch and evening meal starters.

Days when I eat white fish, I tend to find I like my veggies "wetted up" with some fat, usually goose fat. I also like a more carby meal with those. Oilier fish, I just like lots and lots of it in one sitting.

FiveX is offline Member
    Be careful when buying Tilapia. Most of it is farm raised in south american and china. The farm raised version is quite low in Omega 3 and high in Omega 6 acids. Tilapia is a freshwater fish and farming has spread like crazy on many lakes in south america. Farm fish are kept in underwater cages or short canals and fed a diet of corn and soy (to quickly increase their weight). Wild Tilapia eat bugs, other fish and aquatic matter. You are what you eat goes for fish too! Food for thought! Peace...5x

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Daily, usually canned, but fresh at least twice a week.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I've read that FiveX. We eat tilapia maybe a couple of times a month. I believe the tilapia I get is from the far east. It used to be Zimbabwean, but we have a trade embargo with them now. I'd eat it more because I really like it. I see tilapia as the McD of a pesce-paleo diet; okay every now and again

If folks get more oily fish in their diet, it's not an issue, but yes ... well pointed out ...

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Mostly 1-2 times/month but I supplement with fish oil
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    When we do eat fish cooked, we eat mostly salmon, threadfin, and occasionally grouper. I read Mark's article about how 80% of the world's salmon is farmed. Salmon is widely sold here, pretty inexpensive, but after reading this article, I'm assuming they're probably farmed. I think I want to add more fish in my diet, seems like canned is better if wild-caught isn't an option?

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Never, the smell of fish turns my stomach. The only seafood I find palatable is scallops and it's been years since I had them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234