Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All my friends are sick or they get sick page

BeatMD is offline Member

Cool All my friends are sick or they get sick

Shop Now
    So first im 24 and this is something funny i just had to get off my chest.
    Me and all my friends always have our annual "Thirsty Thursday"(i only drink once a week), we drink, we dance, we eat a little crappy. They always give me crap about me eating a paleo/primal life style. But the next two days or so they are always like really sick(not really really bad), just like a bad cough or cold, and i never have any problems. I always tell them its the food you eat. They dont believe me so i just always just tell my them my favorite "sucks to suck" quote and they say its not funny. Paybacks a B....hahhahh

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya! My non-primal DH gets sick 3-4 times a year on average. Since we've been together (5 years) I've gotten sick from him twice. And those are the only two times I have been sick in those 5 years. He is most unimpressed by all this.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's mostly luck :/ healthy lifestyle does help you stay healthier overall but I've found out that when it comes to colds and flus, it's pretty much luck of the draw year in and year out.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I have definitely felt a boost in immunity since going primal- and less so recently as I've been eating some non-primal foods and got a cold. I definitely feel a correlation.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    i was sick all my life, all year long, with colds and coughs. they'd last for months. i'd cough so hard i spat up blood and broke blood vessels in my eyes and face. that was my normal.

in 3+ years of being grain free and 2+ years of primal, i have not had a cough, cold or sniffle. nada. my b/f is sick several times per year and i never catch what he has. when bugs go round work, i remain fit as a fiddle. it's not luck. it's a strong immune system. and frequent hand-washing.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    I've only gotten sick 2-3 times since I've eat primal for a year and a half. Even when I just have a little too much sugar in the form of honey and fruit, I can feel my immunity go way down!

Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    I hear ya! My non-primal DH gets sick 3-4 times a year on average. Since we've been together (5 years) I've gotten sick from him twice. And those are the only two times I have been sick in those 5 years. He is most unimpressed by all this.
    I don't have a comment about your comment, but I just wanted to say HI! I do Irish Dance too! It's not often that I randomly come across people who do it, and it gets me excited!
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I think I get ill as often, but don't really notice.

The past few days I've been a little run-down. At first I attributed it to some "slip-ups", but then realized I hadn't slipped up NEARLY enough to have an effect. Then it dawned on me: everyone else is ill.
    Added it all up and I THINK I have the same bug others around me have.
    But:
    -no headache
    -no sore throat
    -no swelling
    -no fever
    I just feel a little run-down and not up to much. I'm even managing to carry my 22.5kg with me (albeit not able to upgrade to 25kg yet).
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    All of my family have been sick this last fortnight including my very primal son 95/5 my husband who is really 70/30 and my daughter 50/50. But I did not get the bug. Normally I would agree that it is about a strong immune system but this one did not make sense. I am happy to have dodged it though!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alg2435 View Post

I don't have a comment about your comment, but I just wanted to say HI! I do Irish Dance too! It's not often that I randomly come across people who do it, and it gets me excited!
    OMG awesome! Hi hi hi!!!!

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast