Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All my friends are sick or they get sick page 2

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I never get sick (knock on wood). My staff are constantly sick...sneezing, coughing, flu etc ect --- all year 'round. My husband gets stick (really sick) 2 x per year and he's just out of it for two weeks at a time.

Me, I eat paleo, take my supplements, and I'm never sick (knock on wood). Is this a coincidence? I think not. It's good nutrition, lots of sleep and reduction of stress.

/lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

krsn89 is offline Member
    I used to get sick really often, with the flu, throat infections a couple times a year etc. Whatever "bug" was going around at the time, I was always the first person to get it and the last person to get rid of it. I always chalked it up to me having a crappy immune system. Since going Primal, the only time I've ever been sick was when I've gotten off the wagon a couple times, for example, during Christmastime!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatMD View Post
    So first im 24 and this is something funny i just had to get off my chest.
    Get used to it BeatMD, it will only get worse or at least it has for me.

I'm 57, don't get sick, don't take medication. Friends and members of my family, we a very few exceptions, are on heart/BP medications, have sleep apena, are type 2 diabetics, have had some type of biatric surgery that went bad, etc, etc.

Gets plum depressing at time...
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    The past two winters I had hardly any colds and never had the flu. The year before that, which was before Primal, I had constant colds, except for the three times I had the flu. Now none of my colds amount to much.

I am getting over a cold now. My housemate and I traveled and went to a place where there were hundreds of people, most of them children. My cold feels about like a bad air day. My stubbornly non-primal housemate is coughing like crazy. I have had several colds this year. Not sure why. But they have been very mild.

Thai "penicillin" for colds

Update: Actually, I know why I am getting more colds this year. I have gotten into the bad habit of staying up too late. Need to work on that.
    Last edited by Hedonist2; 03-19-2013 at 07:12 AM.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I didn't get sick much before primal or since. I credit my dad who was always a little unconventional. He didn't believe in over-hygiene, thought kids should get dirty, believed milk should not be drunk after childhood and all kinds of stuff that now is conventional wisdom for the primal crowd.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Marinas Florin is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are feeling better with this diet but in reality, the change in lifestyle and also being consistent with taking care of your body is paying off big time in your case.

Don't listen to your friends if they want to make you feel bad for yourself!

Also, as a side suggestion, you might want to avoid telling them that you are eating paleo or something else that seems weird to them. Do your thing and let them do their.
    No Bull fat loss and muscle gaining at http://www.nobsbb.com

I am not a bodybuilding/fat loss/strength training "guru" BUT I achieved a lean state with ease after learning the correct way to train and eat and I want to HELP YOU achieve the same.

Lose Weight/Gain Muscle/Strength - FEEL BETTER

Start here: http://www.nobsbb.com/new-start-here/

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    A lot of 'illness' has to do with mindset. I don't make a fuss when I get ill, I just get on with things. I had a fever and played tennis and danced salsa the same day. I don't remember when I've been ill because they are non events.
    On the other hand when my sister is ill, she informs everybody how terrible her pains are. She will take like 6 painkillers a day and moan in bed.

For anyway I'm pretty sure my lack of hygiene has helped. I tend to use the same glass for days, I eat undercooked meat and I've travelled a lot so I'm pretty sure that has given me a strong immune system.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I work in a hospital, drawing patients, playing with their poop and chunks of their diseased bodies, etc. I almost never get sick, either. But before PB I often did catch the seasonal sniffles that would sweep through the population. Not anymore, I mean just barely, like ONE day of green boogers and then nothing else.

For anyway I'm pretty sure my lack of hygiene has helped. I tend to use the same glass for days, I eat undercooked meat and I've travelled a lot so I'm pretty sure that has given me a strong immune system.
    This also. Make a point of not washing my cutting boards, just rinsing dishes with water, and reusing silverware that's been sitting around for a day or two. That, and fermented food in general.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I didn't get sick much before primal or since. I credit my dad who was always a little unconventional. He didn't believe in over-hygiene, thought kids should get dirty, believed milk should not be drunk after childhood and all kinds of stuff that now is conventional wisdom for the primal crowd.
    My parents are a bit like that and I've never been an ill person and even less so on Primal. I absolutely loathe those anti bacterial sprays and refuse to use them (they are everywhere at work). People are addicted to them and its always the ill people who are obsessed with them. I have pointed out the connection to lowered immunity and people agree with it but carry on spraying themselves with them as if they are afraid not to. Its annoying - every toilet you go in you can't get good old fashioned soap any more its all that anti bacterial crap.

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    I haven't gotten 'sick' (cold, flu, fever or even a runny nose) ever since I started implementing Primal ideas into my lifestyle since last June.

I missed so many days of school in 9-12th grade, back when I was 290+ pounds and frequently drank pop and ate microwave pizzas and Kraft mac sorts of 'meals' for supper. I also used to get terrible migraines after I ate chocolate (I'm talking normal American 'chocolate' which has sugar as the first ingredient). I'll only occasionally get headaches from lack of sleep these days, and I can eat 85-90% chocolate just fine.

I did get an extremely painful stomach ache last November, though, for the three days after I splurged on a few hands of popcorn with 'butter flavor' at the movies. I don't even want to know what kind of rancid vegetable oil was rotting my insides.

So, tl;dr version, knock on wood, I don't get sick that often since I turned Primal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12