Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Itchy Feet : Scratch Walks Across page 3

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    How comfy are those shoes? I'm just wondering if they'd make a decent replacement for minimalist shoes for every day use
    I ended up not taking the aqua socks. They are comfy enough for light activity, but they made my feet sweaty pretty quickly.
    My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

Ljphalen is offline Member

On the road!

Obviously, I didn't blog anything further about my preparations, and that's because they weren't very interesting. I decided to abandon this journal until I was actually on the road, WHICH I AM! Literally, actually, I'm on a Greyhound bus as I write.

I left Vancouver yesterday afternoon, and my first incident happened at customs. I guess I seemed nervous, plus I probably said too much ("yes, I quit my job 3 weeks ago, no I don't have a return ticket, yes, I'm going to San Francisco to meet this guy from Australia, whom I have never seen in person before..."), so the woman interviewing me asked me tons of questions, but ultimately believed that I wasn't a drug smuggler or a terrorist, and on I went.

In Seattle, I missed my connecting bus because they were making the loading last call as I was exiting the previous bus and so I didn't hear it. I had a moment of panic, as I'm prone to do, but fortunately I was blessed with the presence of a lovely gentleman named Sean, who also missed the bus and who reminded me it was ok, and we got our tickets reissued for later that night.

My original route was directly south from Vancouver to San Francisco, but my new route goes through Idaho, Utah and Nevada before heading west again to California. We are driving through Idaho now, and it is so pretty and green! I saw a pasture with a few dozen sheep, all black, except for one white one.

I packed half a pound of cold roast beef and half a pound of smoked salmon, but I have had absolutely no appetite, and they are still sitting in my bag. I'm not sure if that's because of nerves, or because of sitting still for so many hours, but for now I am just going to listen to my body, stay hydrated, and wait for my appetite to return.
    image.jpg
    My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Trip update?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was so excited to read about your journey. Hoping you are okay. I just noticed that the last entry was way back in May. I agree with Ecks-trip update?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123