Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !@I)@!$# Ruined my IF page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    Long Fast..

I think the idea of calling it a fast when you eat everyday is the stupidest thing about primal / paleo..
    You know, I kind of agree with this. IMO, unless you are doing at least 24 hours+, all you are doing is skipping a meal or two. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing to do, but it's not a fast.

To the OP if they are still alive and interested, IFing should be something that evolves naturally from not being hungry as often. Instead of watching the clock saying, "I can eat in exactly 47 minutes.....46......", you should be looking at your watch and saying, "Wow, it's 4pm already. Have I had anything to eat today? I guess not. OK, that can wait til dinner."

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    If you are struggling and starving your way through it you aren't doing it right. You need to first become a fat-adapted person. That means in the absence of incoming calories your bodily happily and effortlessly switches over to your fat reserves as an energy source. After that, then you ought to be able to fast without any struggle at all. If you get hungry, go ahead and eat. It's intermittent, not on a schedule.
    Yep this

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    Long Fast..

I think the idea of calling it a fast when you eat everyday is the stupidest thing about primal / paleo..
    I'm psyched that I completed a 2 hour IF today between lunch and a snack I had at 2:30. I think I will celebrate by measuring my body fat.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's good you got through day 1 of IF but it's more about long term benefits, I feel. So consider it a success and start figuring out how to do it more consistently and/or longer without feeling effects. I IF everyday and have gone 24hrs+ without true hunger (I have learned what a pang is vs. hunger), but the question for me is whether or not I want to or need to go to 24+. I like to workout in some form everyday if its light, heavy, fast walking, stretching...so longer term fasting has worried me. Is there any reason to do some consistent regimen of 24 hr+ fasts vs. the 18-20 I do everyday now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12